Ferrari Wireless GT Cockpit 430: Worth the Cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
That plus if you crash/bump, you get shocked (electricity).

"Until we get our hands on a review unit, feel free to share your thoughts below."

so we won't be allowed to share our thoughts once you review the unit?

lmn8r

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
The Logitech g25 pwns this. The downside is it's got a shitload of wires going every which way. Note to anyone looking to buy this or the g25: very few games truely support wheels. Usually only simulators.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]lmn8r[/nom]Very few games truely support wheels. Usually only simulators.[/citation]Who else would even want to buy this unless they play simulators? NFS blows with a steering wheel. I love using the controller for "arcade" style racers. GTR and such rock with a steering wheel.

Strider-Hiryu_79

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
I've been contemplating which wheel to buy for the upcoming Gran Turismo 5 when it finally does come out but this thrustmaster ferrari wheel is far from my list of choices

I almost bought the Logitech GT5 wheel for GT5 prologue but decided to wait till Logitech builds a GT5 one which I'm sure they will.

I would buy the G25 but I'm pretty sure there are no games for ps3 that utilize the traditional clutch pedal.

I'm guessing only PC sim racing games utilize the clutch pedal and that the G25 would be much more cost-effective on that platform.

slo

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2008
Other that the wireless tech is see no other reason buying this (ok, the badge too...).
The g25 is is better in every aspect: from the clutch to the shifter to 900' rotation and i have to guess responce times are better as well.

You can get the g25 for roughly the same price so this doesnt seem like a deal for me. (i already have the g25 and it is worth the price even though i dont get to play as much as i'd like.)

We'll have to wait for a review to see wheather this is a worhy oponent.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Pretty good for $250 for a brand new product. Seems like good quality, comfortable, wireless. G25/G27 is over $300 and isn't wireless.

IFLATLINEI

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
First off wires are better for gameplay. Id rather have the option. Second these branded wheels never turn out very well and lets face it beyond the actual cars the Ferrari brand hasnt always been stellar. The price seems fine considering the features but like the writer said there hasnt been a hands on yet. because of this I have to ask the question. Why did you even write the story???

x3dfx

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
to LMN8,

The G25 wheel works fine on my PS3 what are you talking about? Played GT4, F1 Championship Edition, GT5 Prelude all with Force Feedback. This wheel DOES NOT WORK FOR XBOX360.

I would rather have a better response force feed back, the slightest loss of grip, running over kerbs and feeling the twitch of the car would be way more important then obligatory "Wireless". G25 still a Great Wheel IMHO.

All, Play GTR2,GT Legends, R Factor(F1MG2010 MOD)and Race, for a better simulation. For you arcade guys, get a the logitech momo wheel.. great feel.

Lewis57

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
This looks very appealing. I got an xbox360 controller to play my PC racing games, I'd so much rather this cockpit.

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
from a guy who clumped a same price for the "steel batalion" game setup, this one seems in par. What i didn't notice was what seemed to be a lack of force feedback? Surely a $250 controller would have force feedback

zild1221

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
I owned that wheel and pedal set. It sucks baddd. I upgraded to a G27, and now in my simulation leagues I am running top of my class.

This = gimmick.

wonspur

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
its not a bad product for the price, most "kits" come with these seats that cost upwards of 500 dollars. This gives you a stand for the wheel and it installs it very neatly for 250 dollars. im considering buying this.

amstech

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Where is the integrated 6 speed gearbox?
This product will fail without it, and its too bad, because I really like it...but without a gearbox or mountable gearbox...you can have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.