file1.exe keeps popping up

wishbone346

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015
So I'm having a bit of a crisis on my PC. Every time I start up I get a message asking if I want to allow file1.exe to change my PC. Every time I do a scan with Malwarebytes I get at least one or two PUPs as well. Any advice on what this is and how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

wishbone346

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015

I tried doing a system restore and had no luck. I don't actually have kaspersky either. I'll try checking my startup programs like you said. Would you recommend kaspersky? I've pretty much been using malwarebytes exclusively for a while now.

wishbone346

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015
File1.exe did not appear under my startup programs in ccleaner. Nothing seems to be working. I've googled this problem and come up with nothing but links to removal software that sounds just as malicious...

wishbone346

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015
So I did a scan with malwarebytes and with ccleaner. Both removed some stuff, but now upon restart I've received the "do you want to allow the following program to make changes to your computer" message again. However, now it's saying the program is file2.exe...

rgd1101

Don't

and the adwcleaner?
Sound like you have a malware issue

Paul NZ

Admirable
I'm a registered user of it. They gave me a free key, years ago, when I found probs with it.

According to the site you pay yearly. The key they gave me is for a lifetime licence

It's for worms trojans etc. It does a thorough job, scans the registry entries, whats running in startup in the registry. Anywhere malware may hide

It'll also set settings to the default settings, if anything has changed them, like malware / trojans etc

wishbone346

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015

Yeah, malwarebytes seems to detect one to three PUPs ever time I scan after startup. Nothing seems to be working. Any other suggestions? Should I try that trojan remover that the other user suggested?

rgd1101

Don't

let me highlight it for you
and the adwcleaner?

The trojan remover look ok except it not free.

wishbone346

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015

Yes, I've used the adwcleaner as well. It found nothing at all while malwarebytes found a few.

wishbone346

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015
I actually found the file2.exe in Users>Owner>AppData>Roaming>LocalData
There seems to be quite a few objects in that folder including an application titled smsc. All of them were added today at different times as well. Should I delete them all?

wishbone346

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015

Already tried a system restore and had no luck. I'll take a look at some of those anti-virus softwares I guess.

wishbone346

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015

Only two have the name file2 on them. The others are all different.