files in USB not getting detected on Panasonic TV TH-L24C5D

aiman_sarosh

Estimable
Oct 21, 2014
Hi,
I have a Panasonic LCD 24-inch TV Model TH-L24C5D. I tried to play movies and view photos on my pen-drive (USB).
USB Content:
2-photos with *.jpg extension
3-doc files with *.docx extension
1-folder containing excel sheets with *.xls extension
1-movie file with *.mp4 extension.

I inserted the usb into the slot at the back, and pressed the USB button on thr remote. I came up with a screen asking to chose "Photos", "Music", and "Movies" options using left and right arrow buttons and to press "OK" button to access. I selected "Photos", and pressed "OK" to access, but nothing happened i.e. screen remained the same and nothing happened. I tried to access "Movies". Nothing happened there too. I wonder what is wrong with this TV. Do I need to install something (codec). If yes, how do I do it ?
Urgently need your assistance.

Thanks,
Aiman

Solution
How is your USB drive formatted? (NTFS, FAT32, etc). Sometimes devices like TV's don't like the more advanced file systems like NTFS being used. For instance the PS3 doesn't understand NTFS formatted USB devices when they are hooked up.

caqde

Distinguished
May 31, 2007
How is your USB drive formatted? (NTFS, FAT32, etc). Sometimes devices like TV's don't like the more advanced file systems like NTFS being used. For instance the PS3 doesn't understand NTFS formatted USB devices when they are hooked up.

Solution

aiman_sarosh

Estimable
Oct 21, 2014

Hi Caqde, now its detecting the FAT32 and recognizing photo and mp3 files only. When i tried playing AVI files, or any other format, it did not support. i cound hear only sounds but no video, with a red message on screen "no supported codec". i dont know where do i bring codec from and how do i install them.
any idea ?

caqde

Distinguished
May 31, 2007

Codec support is likely to be limited to whatever Panasonic decided to support in their TV. Unfortunately the video's you play on the TV will need to be formatted in such a way that they are encoded using codecs supported by the TV. Panasonic may have the list of supported codecs in the manual of the TV hopefully otherwise you would need to ask them or play the game of encode and test until you find something that works. You will not be able to install codecs onto a TV like you would a PC unfortunately.