Final Fantasy, Splinter Cell Xbox 360 Bundles $399

Status
Not open for further replies.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
No HDMI cables included? That's strange. Is that how the MW2 edition was?

Anyways i guess these are good deals if you don't already own a 360, especially considering how much of a rip-off it is to buy that dumb 250 GB HDD by itself...

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
Kinda suprised a top tier RPG title like Final Fantasy would not include HDMI for HD. I mean the biggest ting that makes Square who they are is the amazing graphics they can do. I remember watching the cut scenes in FF VIII and being amazed for the time.

Well its not that bad since HDMI cables have gotten cheaper now. If not you can get RGB HD cables too for pretty cheap.

lasaldude

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2009
This Reminds Me Of Putting Flashy Rims On An Old Busted Ass Used Car To Make It Sell Better. Then, It Breaking Down Or Needing Standard Accessories. Oh, You Want Heat Well Thats Extra And You Thought About A Radio, Forget It.
Sorry For The Bitterness But Fuck Microsoft For Peddling Me On Attachments That Should Be Standard.

justbrae1

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Why is the crapbox still being made, garbage outdated console give me a break! Arguing over a HDMI cable being included when you can order one on Amazon for $1.78 wake up people, invest your money is a real gaming platform medium or high end PC platform or a PS3 at the least.[/citation]
Did you really just say that?

rmmil978

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
The Xbox is still being made because Microsoft sells millions of them every year...and the "old" hardware now costs them much less on each one they sell. And the Xbox Live service makes them hundreds of millions of dollars in profit. Oh yeah, and playing the games or playing the games on Live is incredibly fun. Who cares about having slightly noticeably better graphics on a high end computer anyway? All the games are now being scaled to consoles, which is unfortunate, so even using wonderful graphics cards won't show a whole lot of improvement on a PC compared to a console. This is being said by someone using 2 GTX 285's in SLI when I play games on a PC. That being said you don't really lose anything playing on a Xbox compared to a PC, and you gain Live, which is amazing for what it offers.

silky salamandr

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
Some of you are complete idiots. Your complaining about microsoft not providing a hdmi cable lately(cause the use to) but you totally forget that ps3 was 600bucks and they NEVER have to this day provided you with an hdmi cable. Go to monoprice.com and buy a damn cable for 4 bucks and stop bitching.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]rmmil978[/nom]The Xbox is still being made because Microsoft sells millions of them every year...and the "old" hardware now costs them much less on each one they sell. And the Xbox Live service makes them hundreds of millions of dollars in profit. Oh yeah, and playing the games or playing the games on Live is incredibly fun. Who cares about having slightly noticeably better graphics on a high end computer anyway? All the games are now being scaled to consoles, which is unfortunate, so even using wonderful graphics cards won't show a whole lot of improvement on a PC compared to a console. This is being said by someone using 2 GTX 285's in SLI when I play games on a PC. That being said you don't really lose anything playing on a Xbox compared to a PC, and you gain Live, which is amazing for what it offers.[/citation]
Although I agree on your points about why they will not stop selling the xBox, I have to disagree with you on graphics quality. If you use the same screen for your console and PC, sure you wont see much of a difference. Maybe some improved shadows, draw distances, and lighting on the PC. If you have a real monitor for your PC though, you will have the ability to go to a much higher resolution, improved colors, and (in your case) 3D gaming with a small(ish) upgrade/purchase. Unfortunately, they stopped selling CRTs awhile ago and high resolution LCDs are crazy expensive when compared to an equally sized (inches) TV/monitor. Not to mention high resolution large format CRTs weight a ton which isn't a huge problem for those of us who dislike moving anyway.

acegmr

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2007
[citation][nom]silky salamandr[/nom]Some of you are complete idiots. Your complaining about microsoft not providing a hdmi cable lately(cause the use to) but you totally forget that ps3 was 600bucks and they NEVER have to this day provided you with an hdmi cable. Go to monoprice.com and buy a damn cable for 4 bucks and stop bitching.[/citation]

The 360 is a p.o.s. For the $600 i paid for the ps3 i got a blu-ray, wireless connectivity, larger HDD, rechargable controller, FREE online play, and oh yea the fact that since release i have not had 1 problem with my ps3 where as my 360, constant disk read errors and RRoD.

ordcestus

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
I'll replace my launch model Xbox 360 when these come out. And btw i'm sure they'll be at least a hd component cable included. Perhaps toms mentioned standard cables because you wouldn't neccesarily expect them at this point while hd cords go without saying?

silky salamandr

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
[citation][nom]acegmr[/nom]The 360 is a p.o.s. For the $600 i paid for the ps3 i got a blu-ray, wireless connectivity, larger HDD, rechargable controller, FREE online play, and oh yea the fact that since release i have not had 1 problem with my ps3 where as my 360, constant disk read errors and RRoD.[/citation]

And you still had to buy a hdmi cable. You can gloat about your blu ray player but were you watching your blu rays in hi def out the box?

My point excatly you idiot. And before the fanboys stuff comes out, I own a ps3 so any argument you have is not valid.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]silky salamandr[/nom]Some of you are complete idiots. Your complaining about microsoft not providing a hdmi cable lately(cause the use to) but you totally forget that ps3 was 600bucks and they NEVER have to this day provided you with an hdmi cable. Go to monoprice.com and buy a damn cable for 4 bucks and stop bitching.[/citation]

Dude, that is way over the top. I'm pretty sure that no one was ever "bitching". grow up a little.

I could really care less about what the PS3 has or doesn't have. To me it's nothing special anyways.

People were just noticing that it didn't come with the cable, that's all. So quit your bitching bud.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Why is the crapbox still being made, garbage outdated console give me a break! Arguing over a HDMI cable being included when you can order one on Amazon for $1.78 wake up people, invest your money is a real gaming platform medium or high end PC platform or a PS3 at the least.[/citation]

Oh you too huh? Man you and salamander must not fall very far from the same moronic tree. Two people just happen to notice that the 360 isn't including a cable and so you guys decide you need to cry your heart out about how either 1)the xbox sucks or 2)the ps3 sucks.

You guys are completely lame, and are obviously meant for each other. Just do me a favor and don't bring that weak drama shit to a tech site.

By the way, using terms like "crapbox" just take away any credibility that might have been found in your post.

Enough said here.

acegmr

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2007
[citation][nom]silky salamandr[/nom]And you still had to buy a hdmi cable. You can gloat about your blu ray player but were you watching your blu rays in hi def out the box?My point excatly you idiot. And before the fanboys stuff comes out, I own a ps3 so any argument you have is not valid.[/citation]

I have both systems so this has nothing to do with fanboy stuff. Yea I had to buy an hdmi cable which was what 20 bucks online at the time. but for the 360 i had to buy batteries constantly or the rechargable kit, pay for online, and a wireless adapter which all came out of the box with ps3, and eventually if i want to play 360 games again i need a new xbox 360 system cuz of constant problems due to shitty build quality by MS. So making a big deal over the ps3 being $600 is a moot point. People lose more money on a 360 in the long run, if you cant see that then I feel sorry for you.

bennyt

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
I'll stick with my modified 360 console thanks. Its great being able to borrow a game from a video store and copy it for AUS $5

Good luck finding games on a PS3 that cheap...

TheDuke

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
[citation][nom]bin1127[/nom]For the FFXIII bundle they should throw in a DVD case for all the discs as well.[/citation]

your on a website that for the most part speaks of technology and you call out a console for being outdated. All consoles currently are outdated

silky salamandr

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Bert R[/nom]The fanboys... do they even sleep?[/citation]

They never sleep my dude. I was attacked by two dudes for responding to other comments. They came into the conversation late and know everything.

Its cool tho because everybody is an internet gangsta. Go ahead and flex your muscles little ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.