Fingerprint scanner configuration

Rayendra Timotius

Estimable
Dec 26, 2014
i'm using lenovo v470c, windows 7. i have downloaded the software (i think) from lenovo.com and there's no application icon, and when i tried to put my finger on the scanner it doesn't seem to work.

Rayendra Timotius

Estimable
Dec 26, 2014

i have. my laptop said that i have successfully installed the driver, but there is no icon to open it. if i search the file (egistech) in my laptop it shows the icon to install the driver. if i clicked the icon, i would just reinstalling the driver

accuratecomputer

Estimable
Sep 20, 2014
Hi Rayendra,

The only thing you need to have on your laptop is a fingerprint scanning bio metric device. Now what you need to do is as follows:

1. Open Control panel -> Bio-metric devices.
2. Click ‘Change bio-metric settings’. Ensure that bio-metrics is on and users are allowed to log on.
3. Come back to the bio-metric devices windows and click ‘Use your fingerprint with Windows‘.
4. You would need to provide your Windows log in password and then get your finger prints scanned.

After doing these, you can see the status as ‘Enrolled‘ in the bio-metric devices window. From now on you can use fingerprint log in as an alternative to password log in.

Thanks.

Rayendra Timotius

Estimable
Dec 26, 2014

the problem is there is no bio metric devices in the control panel, but if i check in device manager, egistec is there and it says that the device is working properly and i can't seem to find the file to config the system