Solved! Fingerprint sensor bugging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 19, 2020
I have had this Asus ux430ua for over 2 years now, and recently started having trouble with the fingerprint sensor.
Occasionally it has been constantly getting a reading while locked. It says "Your device could not recognize you please try again." repeatedly, as if I was spamming it. I could only open it with a pin or password when that happens. I think it also drains the battery while the lid is closed because when i took it out of my bag it was very warm and the battery was drained after only minimal usage. Please help! Thanks

Solution
I would be a little worried about it being hot in the bag. You need to play with advanced power settings and make sure that closing the lid puts the machine in sleep. I enable hibernation on my machine and have it sit to hibernate after being in sleep for four hours. Sleep mode will drain the battery slowly. Hibernation will not.

If the problem persists, I recommend a full power off on the machine before going in the bag. Cooking it with not ventilation is not good. Especially for the battery.
I would be a little worried about it being hot in the bag. You need to play with advanced power settings and make sure that closing the lid puts the machine in sleep. I enable hibernation on my machine and have it sit to hibernate after being in sleep for four hours. Sleep mode will drain the battery slowly. Hibernation will not.

If the problem persists, I recommend a full power off on the machine before going in the bag. Cooking it with not ventilation is not good. Especially for the battery.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.