Solved! Fire stick 4K and Onkyo TX NR626 - No sound

Feb 11, 2021
Hi ... I have my Fire stick 4K connected to one of the HDMI IN ports of the Onkyo TX NR626 and the HDMI out from the receiver is going to a EPSON Projector and speakers connected to the Receiver. I get no sound but I get video. I have tried changing different settings but nothing. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you

Solution
Hi ... I have my Fire stick 4K connected to one of the HDMI IN ports of the Onkyo TX NR626 and the HDMI out from the receiver is going to a EPSON Projector and speakers connected to the Receiver. I get no sound but I get video. I have tried changing different settings but nothing. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you
Your tv input (hdmi) has be an "hdmi-arc" input.. the rec keeps the sound and pushes the pic to tv.
Only way that may circumvent this if no arc on tv is to go into FS Settings (at top of home page" . Go to equipment control, equip control set to auto. Now down to manage equip. Now down to advanced settings. Now down to home button .
HDMI-CEC only selected.
On rec. In menu. Find audio out control and enable...

Bradleybbb

Great
Feb 21, 2021
Your tv input (hdmi) has be an "hdmi-arc" input.. the rec keeps the sound and pushes the pic to tv.
Only way that may circumvent this if no arc on tv is to go into FS Settings (at top of home page" . Go to equipment control, equip control set to auto. Now down to manage equip. Now down to advanced settings. Now down to home button .
HDMI-CEC only selected.
On rec. In menu. Find audio out control and enable hdmi-cec control..
If the hdmi out is not labeled arc on rec. Or no arc control on rec. Thats odd..I believe turning "on" the cec control as per above should stop the issue with the FS and rec deciding where the audio should go.
But, if you have an hdmi-arc input on your tv (usually the last input 3 or 4, ) plug in there and rec owns the sound like you want.
Id like to that the crowd, my fans, the producer...oops wrong speech..G luck

Solution