Fire with Google problem solved

anken

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2007
Hi, I have been using Firefox for many years with Google as my default browser. Had to reload Firefox and now for some reason I can't get Google to stay as default browser.
Have written about this subject before and got some great advise from "aford10"and others. It worked wonderful but now I'm having the problem again.
Have installed Google Chrome and it's great but I can't get the Yahoo Toolbar with Chrome which I need because Yahoo Mail is my primary email application. It seems that Firefox and Chrome just don't want to play together anymore.

When I open Firefox Options -General Tab, I have the option to choose the "Current Page" when I have selected Google .
This worked great for a while. Unfortunately, now I have to do the 'options,etc'. every time.

The message I'm getting is:"Problem loading page. URL not valid". The URL that comes up is: http://?fr=fp-tyc

I have no idea what that means or how to keep it from inserting itself. Also, I have tried to open IE in order to get to the "options- current page, etc", hoping that I get to fix it this way but I can't get IE to open because each time Chrome Calendar opens up instead.
Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

anken

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2007
I recently had the problem when for some reason I was unable to keep Google as my default browser in Firefox.
I ended up resetting Firefox and all is well now. I backed up my bookmarks just in case but it even saved my bookmarks and most settings.
In case that someone else has a similar problem, this is how I solved it.

With Firefox open, click on the down arrow. From there to "Help", then Troubleshooting Info. On upper right is the option to reset Firefox.
Once FF started again, I placed Google.com in the URL. Then back to FF down arrow to Options-Options-General Tab. From there choose Current Page as Home Page.
The only other thing for me to do was to reinstall my Yahoo Toolbar and then choose the desired Buttons.

Anyway, I'm glad that my problem is solved and I hope that it might help somebody else with the same issue.