Firefox 4 Beta 2 for Android, Maemo Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

This "may" be an improvement over the last version, but it's still far from ready for prime time. The menu system is not intuitive at all on an HTC EVO 4g. I kept hitting the menu button and the only thing that would happen is a would get a message that the page wan't encrypted. It took me 10 minutes of fiddling to (accidentally) work out that you had to slide the page to the left to access the settings menu. Why reinvent the wheel? The menu button isn't good enough?

The start page was also a pain in the neck to set and I could never get back to it unless I slide the page to the right to show the History (or Bookmark?) bar. Every time I entered the url in the box, I'd be taken to a google search page. No, no no. If I type a url in that box, just take me to the site that I requested. Lame.

Long way to go. This has been deleted from my phone until Mozilla can make a browser that doesn't need a manual to figure out how to use it. Deleted.

afrobacon

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
On my phone speed is everything, and if this is slower than the stock browser I think I'll switching back to Dolphin not long after I download it.

Still it is Firefox; so I'm not throwing it to the curb until I thoroughly get to test it out first hand.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Holy crud, it was 43MB for Beta 1!?

Personally I think Firefox is really starting to lose momentum. If it weren't for the addons in the desktop client, it would not be relevant these days.

For mobile, Mozilla had to start from scratch, and there wasn't any addons to save it. Hence the lucklustre acceptance rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.