Firefox 4 Mobile RC Released for Android, Maemo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomtompiper

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
I have been using FF Android on this Galaxy Tab for four months now, and apart from the lack of flash support it is great. Hopefully they will address this soon.

pooflinger1

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
I had firefox installed on my droid and it was utter crap. Took over 15 seconds just for the browser to open, there was no way to turn mobile mode off (so all websites loaded in mobile mode), no flash, and browsing was slower than the stock browser. At least operas mobile browser can turn mobile mode off so that websites show up the same as on my computer. Opera also loaded ALOT faster than firefox. Needless to say, I have since uninstalled FF and quit using it. I though mozilla was about lightweight, speed, and stability.... Guess not.

Tomtompiper

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
[citation][nom]pooflinger1[/nom]I had firefox installed on my droid and it was utter crap. Took over 15 seconds just for the browser to open, there was no way to turn mobile mode off (so all websites loaded in mobile mode), no flash, and browsing was slower than the stock browser. At least operas mobile browser can turn mobile mode off so that websites show up the same as on my computer. Opera also loaded ALOT faster than firefox. Needless to say, I have since uninstalled FF and quit using it. I though mozilla was about lightweight, speed, and stability.... Guess not.[/citation]
you didn't look very hard, it is in the menu, pc, android, android tab. you can also use phony to impersonate an iPhone.

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
[citation][nom]Tomtompiper[/nom]you didn't look very hard, it is in the menu, pc, android, android tab. you can also use phony to impersonate an iPhone.[/citation]
Guess I have the wrong version - my menu button brings up site options, preferences, add-ons, and downloads. None of these make any mention of what the desktop agent is IDed as.

Of course, once I stop being stupid and can get it to ID as a desktop, then I'll give it a spin - but it will have to be pretty good to get me away from Dolphin HD.

Tomtompiper

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
Its in exactly the same location on FF as it is on Dolphin HD, us the gearwheel on the bottom right under User Agent, only there are more choices.seven not five.

Status
Not open for further replies.