Firefox isn't working, but internet connection is fine

neuro_11

Honorable
Mar 24, 2012
Firefox won't connect to the internet or load any of the pages. The internet connection is fine. IE is working, though it does get a bit slow sometimes and I can't seem to download anything.

I've checked:
1.)Anti-Virus software - no threats found
2.)Firefox Setting: It's directly connected to the internet; no manual proxy setting.
3.)Firewall is not blocking Firefox

Any ideas what might be the problem?

ksiemb

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009

You could try "Reset Firefox" or uninstall / re-install.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/internet/firefox/restore-the-default-settings-in-firefox-without-uninstalling-it/

jesster_1000

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012

The only problem with Firefox is it sucks up most of your memory. That's why it is most likely to freeze or stop working because it is already consuming your system's resources. This happens usually when you are or you have many tabs opened and staying a long time browsing. I'm also using this version and we share the same problem. I'm just stuck with this version because of some plug-ins/add-ons that are stable using this version of Firefox. When this happens, I usually close the browser and re open it and just restore to my previous sessions. This problem might be solved if you are going to upgrade to its new version which is 6.0. Maybe they have solved these glitches on their previous versions.

click here to view the same situation and answers:

jesster_1000

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012

The only problem with Firefox is it sucks up most of your memory. That's why it is most likely to freeze or stop working because it is already consuming your system's resources. This happens usually when you are or you have many tabs opened and staying a long time browsing. I'm also using this version and we share the same problem. I'm just stuck with this version because of some plug-ins/add-ons that are stable using this version of Firefox. When this happens, I usually close the browser and re open it and just restore to my previous sessions. This problem might be solved if you are going to upgrade to its new version which is 6.0. Maybe they have solved these glitches on their previous versions.

jesster_1000

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012