Firefox Mobile Headed for Android OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

can we get it for the iphone? I was looking forward to getting ff mobile on my old win mobile phone but i had to switch carriers :(

G

iPhone? LOL, Apple won't allow it because Safari is the BEST! So glad I bought a Droid...

v1ze

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
[citation][nom]soark[/nom]And for iPhone?[/citation]
Firefox for iPhone
We do not have plans to build an iPhone browser due to constraints with the OS environment and distribution.

Straight from Mozilla

quantum mask

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
I don't get it when they said, "Although the Firefox Mobile team has successfully launched the application on an Android-based phone, currently it's not able to surf the Internet." HUH? What did it do when they launched it? Isn't that the basic thing you want it to do!?

gayan

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
[citation][nom]quantum mask[/nom]I don't get it when they said, "Although the Firefox Mobile team has successfully launched the application on an Android-based phone, currently it's not able to surf the Internet." HUH? What did it do when they launched it? Isn't that the basic thing you want it to do!?[/citation]

I suppose what he meant to say was that "yes it works but it does not WORK"...

mitch074

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Basically, if an app lauches, it means that its code can compile and be loaded (think Windows Me).

Making it perform its primary task then entails:
- running the loaded machine code in a way that doesn't crash
- accessing the hardware or APIs needed to perform its task.
I would guess that Firefox loads, but it may either crash, hang, timeout or return an error when accessing the phone's TCP/IP stack. Moreover, said stack must be complete enough (provide required ports, DNS resolving etc.) for Fx to perform its task properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.