Firefox Mobile Hitting as Early as Next Week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lxixmarc

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
I use Skyfire on my wm6 sprint phone and it does what the iphone does and then some, previous to that I had to use 'MiniMO' (Mini Mozilla) to use some websites such as my bank. Skyfire does a good job of displaying full pages and allowing you to zoom in and out of sections of the page, it also supports flash.

sdcaliceli

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2006
I have an HTC Touch Pro, and Skyfire is horrible on it. Since it does not support the 640x480 screen, everything on it looks distorted. And while Opera Mini does it's job (can be used to view full web pages as well if you know the work around) it is still missing full support for flash. Hopefully Firefox can bring the best of both worlds into the mobile arena and set a new standard for web browsing on smart phones.

Spikke

Distinguished
May 16, 2006
If Opera Mini had flash support it would be nearly perfect. I use Opera Mini and Skyfire on my HTC Fuze, depending on the web site I am browsing. I'll be trying Firefox Mobile for sure.

G

"Currently, users of Windows Mobile devices are limited to either Internet Explorer Mobile or Opera Mini for their mobile browsing needs."

This is pretty uninformed. There are now piles of browsers for Windows Mobile, some very good.

The best one in my opinion is Opera MOBILE 9.5. Opera MINI is the server-based java version. There is Netfront, with its good rendering but poor interface. There is Skyfire, which is also server-based but will let you watch streaming video like Hulu. There is Torch Mobile's webkit-based browser. And of course soon there will be Fennec.

In fact, Windows Mobile went from a poor browser selection to the widest browser selection on any mobile platform. I guess most people dont know that yet.

G

opera mini is good enough,I think WM device is too weak to run fluent

Status
Not open for further replies.