Firefox suddenly extremely slow

jaslion

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
I recently had to send my laptop in for repairs and when I got back I did a fresh install. All drivers are installed and it works fine with everything I do on it except firefox.

When I scroll it just goes so slow and locks up firefox until it's done scrolling down. I've tried resetting firefox, uninstalling all my addons, a couple of speedhacks, reinstalling but nothing seems to work.

Chrome and edge both are fine on the laptop but firefox isn't. The problem is that firefox has a couple of special plugins that my school uses that I have to have but firefox being unuseable makes it impossible to use these tools.

In case you are asking is it the same with a mouse or plugged in? Yes but it's a little less worse.
Temps are also below 40c when browsing.

Laptop specs
Clevo 650p
i7 6700hq
16gb ram
1tb ssd
970m

Maybe related but I also have a problem with netbeans where it constantly takes up 40% cpu useage even when doing nothing.

bigpinkdragon286

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2012
Tried Firefox in Safe Mode yet?

According to Google:

Open Mozilla Firefox. ...
Click the Menu icon. ...
Open Help. ...
Click Restart with Add-ons disabled. ...
Click Continue in Safe Mode. ...
Disable add-ons one by one. ...
Reset Firefox completely if nothing else works.

jaslion

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

Yes forgot to mention that sorry. The wierd thing is it only happens with firefox after the quantum update. Ofcourse the plugin only works on quantum so going back to an older version isn't an option :(.

Jul 9, 2018

I'm experiencing a similar problem with both Chrome and Firefox (but not so much with Edge) on a brand new machine running Windows 10. Specs include Intel i7 8700k and 32 GB RAM, so the hardware is more than capable.

If you figure out a solution, please post it here because I'm also trying to figure this out.