Solved! Firestick to receiver audio

nazretsel

Prominent
May 7, 2017
My Amazon Firestick is connected to an HDMI splitter sharing with DVD player to HDMI2. I get DVD audio to my receiver but not Firestick. Tried connecting TV RCA L/R out to free RCA inputs in receiver but no luck even using the LD/TV input.

Solution
You would need an HDMI input selector to connect two sources to one HDMI input. A splitter is to connect one source to two inputs. Both need to be active devices rather than just a cable.
To make sure this is the problem connect the Firestick direct to the TV HDMI input and check that it works without the splitter.
You would need an HDMI input selector to connect two sources to one HDMI input. A splitter is to connect one source to two inputs. Both need to be active devices rather than just a cable.
To make sure this is the problem connect the Firestick direct to the TV HDMI input and check that it works without the splitter.

Solution

nazretsel

Prominent
May 7, 2017

Thanks. I think I got it. I swapped TVs between bedroom (larger) and family room. The original family room Sony TV had RCA L/R out and I had everything working. The newer Vizio TV only has Optical Audio out. So it looks like I need an Optical to RCA converter and use the same RCA inputs to my receiver.