First Site With Android Drive-By Malware Spotted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
So you are prompted to click on the notification to install an app that started downloading by itself. So basically what you are saying is it is completely the users fault if this gets installed but they will blame Google anyway.

bigdog44

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
[citation][nom]Camikazi[/nom]So you are prompted to click on the notification to install an app that started downloading by itself. So basically what you are saying is it is completely the users fault if this gets installed but they will blame Google anyway.[/citation]

Most individuals that use tech aren't familiar with how it works. That's why attacks like this can happen in the first
place. Maybe instead of being negative you could post something helpful with the apparent wealth of knowledge you have on the subject...

christarp

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
[citation][nom]Camikazi[/nom]So you are prompted to click on the notification to install an app that started downloading by itself. So basically what you are saying is it is completely the users fault if this gets installed but they will blame Google anyway.[/citation]

All viruses are like that. The users fault. Doesn't mean the company that lets them happen isn't at fault. Stop trying to defend google to the death over things like this.

the_brute

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009
I dont know what is going on, there were several more posts earler, and I got a Java error again, so please vote this down if its a second post.

*from earlier*This is where I think WP 8 will kill apple and Android. They have been battling all these security issues for over 15 years and have a large portion of Windows behind it. Apple will get stuck with their pants down, and Android will not be able to push updates to all of its versions fast enough. Mean while Win 8 will be more vonerable right off the bat, but it will be pushing updates like crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.