Question First time buying a laptop. Can you help choose?

SvenVB15

Honorable
May 25, 2016
Hello! First of all I live in Greece and I was thinking about buying a laptop to use for when I'm not at home for university projects, day trading and maybe some light gaming as well . This means that I will carry it around in my backpack most of the time.
I can't seem to decide between 3 laptops I have found that each have some advantages and disadvantages (listed down below). The HP has a slightly faster processor than the ASUS which has slightly better build quality (from what I was told) while the ACER is all metal (I think) and only 1.2kg (HP is 2.1 and ASUS 1.6). The only bad thing about the ACER has no dedicated graphics card, which I don't know how much it matters since I think it's graphics may be able to reach the others...

Below I list the 3 laptops with their specs and the websites of the sellers I have found (the websites are in Greek, other that the specs. GTranslate may help if you wanna read it...)
1. Asus M415DA Laptop (Ryzen 5 3500U/8 GB/512 GB/Radeon Vega 8) 600 Euro Seller
  1. HP 15 - dw2000nv Laptop (Core i5 1035G1/8 GB/256 GB/GeForce MX130 2 GB) 650 Euro Seller
  2. Laptop Acer Swift 3 14" 1920x1080 Ryzen 7 4700U,8GB,512GB,AMD Radeon Graphics 710 Euro
Seller
(On the first two I might also be able to have 50-90 Euros off as well. So consider that)

Any opinions on these choices and other laptop suggestions in the same price range or some incredible deal (in Greece) are very much welcome!

Jun 8, 2021
Hello friend
in my own opinion, I think the choice is actually between the HP and ACER. The reason being they both have a dedicated graphics card and considering you're going to be playing games and trading on your laptop, you need a dedicated GPU for a smooth and better experience.
if you agree with the two options you can now observe what you want in a laptop such as CPU, RAM, storage, battery life, etc then choose which one meets your standard or is at least closest to it (tbh its almost impossible to get a laptop that meets all our standards, especially when on budget, so sacrifices must be made).
hope it helps, cheers!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hohen Laptop General Discussion 6
fistinair Laptop General Discussion 0
C Laptop General Discussion 1
F Laptop General Discussion 1
G Laptop General Discussion 1
R Laptop General Discussion 8
M Laptop General Discussion 8
D Laptop General Discussion 11
U Laptop General Discussion 1
M Laptop General Discussion 1