News Fitbit Charge 6 — release date, price, specs, and what’s new

Oct 4, 2023
Where do you get the information that there is a new improved heart rate sensor? Fitbit / Google have only said the improvement comes from software (AI processing).

Oct 6, 2023
The 6 appears to be a 5 in a slightly different design. There's a comparison page on the FitBit store and the differences are minimal. They could achieve the same with a firmware release for the 5. I am a Charge 5 owner.

Oct 4, 2023
The 6 appears to be a 5 in a slightly different design. There's a comparison page on the FitBit store and the differences are minimal. They could achieve the same with a firmware release for the 5. I am a Charge 5 owner.
Physical button, more memory, possibly different processor? The differences you mention don't include the hardware.

Oct 6, 2023
Physical button, more memory, possibly different processor? The differences you mention don't include the hardware.
All of that is true, I could only go by the information available at the time. But I feel that it doesn't detract from the fact there is more the 5 could do if only programmed accordingly.