Fitbit Charge HR Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knowledge101

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015
I think it would have been nice to mention that for those who want text notifications and a screen that is always on, the Fitbit Surge is also available (at a higher $249.99 price). Also has GPS, more water resistant (up to 165 feet), and has music control. Also had a slightly longer battery life at 7 days and allows you to select a workout using the built in touch screen!

ClemsonMark

Estimable
Mar 1, 2015
Had to finally buy a new fit tracker. I bought the Charge HR and it would stop working in the middle of the run. I would have to wait till the battery ran down and reboot it. After about 10 times and losing in the challenges and got fed up. Fitbit said there was nothing they could do. I went online and found hundreds of other people are having the same exact problem. Just beware the HR will act funky.

greg90265

Estimable
Mar 5, 2015
I called Fitbit cause I bought the Charge HR. There are many different references to its water resistant ability. Fitbit told me do not wear the Charge HR in the shower and it could only withstand very light rain or sweat. I emphasized on the box it states one atmosphere (33ft or 10m). The support tech told me again do not swim or take into the shower.

Does anyone personally have experience of swimming with the device? One atmosphere should be fine for surface swimming.

not true

Estimable
Mar 21, 2015
I think it would have been nice to mention that for those who want text notifications and a screen that is always on, the Fitbit Surge is also available (at a higher $249.99 price). Also has GPS, more water resistant (up to 165 feet), and has music control. Also had a slightly longer battery life at 7 days and allows you to select a workout using the built in touch screen!

Know what you are talking sbout before you open your mouth

Water Resistance
Surge has been tested up to 5 ATM meaning it is sweat, rain and splash proof. However, the device is not swim proof. We also recommend taking Surge off before showering because, as with any wearable device, it’s best for your skin if the band stays dry and clean.

Krista_2

Estimable
Dec 8, 2015
I've only had mine for seven days and it's already frozen on me twice while at work. I had to guess on my activity throughout the day while I was away from home and the charger since you cannot reboot the device without the charger. I'm not sure how to resolve the problem without restarting it and aside from that, it's ridiculous that I've only had the device a week and it's frozen twice. Am I supposed to be restarting the device every day or something?

guidehero

Estimable
Aug 2, 2015

Did not happen to me so far. If I was you I would contact the service and ask them directly!

Status
Not open for further replies.