Fitbit Force Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatherineK

Estimable
Feb 14, 2014
The Force has many great features but some people have developed a serious burn or contact dermatitis where the battery housing touches the arm. About 500 people have posted comments on a Fitbit forum thread called "burned arm." Anyone who is considering a Force should look at the thread or google fitbit rash and decide if they want to take a chance on getting this unpleasant reaction. Fitbit is still calling it an "irritation" but it's much worse than that, and it lasts for weeks. Also people should know that the reaction usually doesn't show up until someone has worn it for a few weeks.

RHUSTER

Estimable
Feb 15, 2014
I cannot believe that you did not research this thoroughly. Several hundred complaints have been listed on FitBit's website regarding serious skin reactions to this device. The company claims it is a small number, but under the "forums" tab there are 175 PAGES of complaints. It appears this is some sort of chemical reaction/burn originating from the metal charging port. DO NOT BUY THIS DEVICE UNTIL THIS PROBLEM IS SOLVED AND FIXED!

Chichi99

Estimable
Feb 16, 2014
I have been wearing the Fitbit since December 2013 and a rash appeared yesterday (2/15/14) for the first time. This is very disturbing and something needs to be done by Fitbit to fix this.

banmaster

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013
Other than the wrist burn, what I though would at least get a pic is the charging port, as its this where the hardware will breakdown the fastest.On the flex it was the band where the device slips inside, with the Force its going to be the socket for charging.Also, you didn't even mention if it was a regular Micro USB cable, or some Frankenstein proprietary fitbit-only connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.