Fitness Life Hack: Philips DirectLife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexus52085

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
Yeah, I kinda figured that gadget would be pretty limited. However, for a hundred bucks, I didn't think it would be THAT limited. Not worth it in my opinion. I like the fact that this little gadget makes you more aware of what you do on a daily basis, but I can just do that with my cell phone by setting alarams throughout the day.

JohnnyLucky

Distinguished
May 30, 2007
Interesting article. It looks like the device has limited capabilities.

I am a senior citizen and I go to the gym 5 days a week for a 90 minute workout. Motivation can be difficult. Some days I don't feel like going but I go anyway. It becomes part of a regular routine.

San Pedro

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
The biggest thing is just moving more, unless you're trying to build strength, power, muscle, etc. . .

I've lost a lot of weight since one year ago. Diet is a part of it (portion sizes tend to be smaller in Japan), but the biggest part is just being more active. I have to ride my bike or walk to the train station every day, I'm physically active at work (picking up kids and almost always standing), and on my days off I usually walk even more than usual. In fact, that's one of the main reasons I like to go to the mall so often in winter.

I think for those people working at desk jobs, a good thing that more places are starting to implement is the standing desk. That's a huge difference. That small amount of calories constantly being burned adds up and is more important that going to the gym once a week. Quantity often wins out over quality when it comes to physical activity. More constant activity means more consistently high metabolic rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
srayhan6 Streaming Video & TVs 2
L Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 3
J Streaming Video & TVs 3
W Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 4
B Streaming Video & TVs 2
B Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 2