Fix Arrives for Banned Xbox 360 Consoles

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

great... so they found a way of making the banned xbox work on live by making the other one stop working on live (when logged on at the same time).

I wouldn't really say 'hurrah' but nice to know they're trying.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
And what happens when Microsoft see's the same CPU key being played by two different consoles?

I wouldn't really call this a "fix."

yang

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
I actually wanted the console pirates to flourish to show game publishers that they can't always push the blame of loss profit on PC users. In reality, it's easier to pirate console games than some pc games.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Well you'd have to buy a new console either way so it's not exactly a "fix", but, if you bought a new console and re-modded it, you'd be back in the same place, kicked out of XB Live again. However this provides a way for you to still mod and not get kicked out.....although still not the greatest of options regardless.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Finally, a use for all of those BRICKED XBOX'S filling our landfills that WILL NEVER HAVE ACCESS TO XBOX LIVE ever again!

Just incase you can't ignore the lower case part:
Bricked Xbox's will never have access to xbox live.

G

ok its not the CPU key, its the DVD key, which is signed to each console individually. you can spoof the DVD drive to change the key to the actual console ID. iExtreme LT hasn't even been released yet, its still in the making and we are awaiting it. iExtreme LT is just the simplest form of firmware possible, and it will boot games that arnt correctly patched. so if you dont know how to properly stealth patch a 360 game, dont even bother modding it. as of now, dont play burnt games on LIVE and dont hook up to LIVE wit4h modded firmware!

choujij

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
This article is a bit deceiving. Quoted from xbox-scene:
This method has been known for a long time (since the King Kong Exploit days) and does indeed 'work'. Basically you swap the Keyvault (or 'KV' in short, it stores stuff like console certificates, per-box private keys, DVD key, etc) inside the NAND with the KV from an unbanned console. While technically very different you could somewhat compare it to swapping eeprom data during the Xbox1 days.

However there's a (really) big 'IF' (besides the required tech knowledge) ... you need the (unique) CPU key of your banned console - without it you can't correctly write the new KV data in the NAND bin of your banned console.
Now you wonder how to get the CPU-key ... well by running XeLL of course!
To run XeLL u need to perform the JTAG hack (or the King Kong exploit, but that's even more outdated) ... and if you got banned the last few weeks it means you updated to the latest dashboard/kernel (else you can't get on LIVE).
And that's the problem... Microsoft patched the JTAG hack since kernel 849x (July 2009) ... so no way to boot up XeLL (= no realistic way for you to get the CPU-key atm) and thus no way to swap the KV data in your NAND image.
And then there's also added KV protection (hashing) on newer motherboards (Falcon+ ?), but if you can't even get your CPU-key it doesn't matter much to do deeper into this problem.
The only way it would work is if you retrieved the CPU-key of your old banned 360 before you updated to anything over 849x. If you did that you probably know about all of this and I'm not telling you anything new ;)
Downgrading kernel is not an option either, older kernels won't boot as both kernel and CB fuses were burned during the various updates MS performed.

Which means that if you were banned from xbox-live within the last half year, there is no way of "unbanning" your xbox to get back on.

Jason

G

its a joke its not real it cannot be done i should know i was one of the one millon banned and that part is true

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
No biggie, us pirates know this risk comes with the territority. I hope no pirates are mad at MS, let's be fair, we're in the wrong.

choujij

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
Technically it's possible, but you would have to have retrieved your cpu key before updating to dash 849X (or going on xbox-live). Only then, could you flash your nand chip using separate hardware.

Jason

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
Using the xell hack to replace cpu key is not new, its very old and has always been a difficult and in the end rather pointless procedure (you are cloning a good xbox's cpu key, only one can be online at a time). this 2 year old procedure is a terrible excuse to run an article claiming a new fix for banned consoles.

The only new news its the liteonlt firmware, and that has nothing to do with fixing banned consoles.

shame on every site propagating this news without checking facts. seems like all it takes is one site to say something, and every other site reports it. noone investigates it.

darkknight22

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
iXtreme LT isn't even out yet. slow the car down there.

as for the so called fix, you'd be better off getting a new console. Especially considering the hoops you have to jump through.

jalek

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
Banned ones on eBay aren't going for substantially less than others, even clearly labeled as such.

You can get a dead or untested bare console for like $50 to swap parts from or clone if you can get it to run that long.

G

This is perfect for me, i have 2 Xboxes, one modded and one un-modded which i leave in my cupboard to collect dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.