FIX for Samsung LN46A530 PIF (and others) 46 inch TV Squeals and Video Bad...50 Cent FIX!

Dans135

Prominent
Mar 22, 2017
With my 46 inch Samsung, I found that the "boost regulator" on the main control board had a bad chip capacitor.
I changed it using a small 10 uf 50 V tantalum capacitor (watch the polarity)...and all is fine.
The boost regulator is a MP2363DN and the large chip cap is immediately beside it.
The control board has the HDMI and I/0 Connectors on it with the tuner and antenna input...,my board is a BN94-01723A board but they may all be identical.
I suspect that as the boost regulator provides voltages for the chips, if the capacitor fails the voltage doesn't get filtered and produces high frequency crud ... all fixed with a 50 cent capacitor.

Dans135

Prominent
Mar 22, 2017
The boost regulator is on the BACK of the control board - there are 2 look for the one with the large chip capacitor beside it... that chip cap is the problem...replace it... you don't need a chip cap so you can use any tantalum with leads 10 uf with voltage rating greater than 10 V ... works fine now...same your money.

HEXiT

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
cool. im looking to change a diode on my MK85 keyboard. as the backlight flickered then went off.
(recommended fix suggested by Qpad).
but its teeny...
im ok with a soldering iron but im still apprehensive as the parts are so small...

any tips?