Fix-it Utilities Professional

tlavanway3

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
7
0
10,510
0
Hello, i have recently bought a tune up software (name in title) and i am very skeptical about it, can anybody tell me if its ok or not to have, thanks.
 

Wolfshadw

Splendid
Moderator
99.9% of the tools any Paid-For offer (or purport they offer) to help your system can be obtained, virus free and free of charge. The other 0.1% doesn't actually work with your system. If you can get your money back, please do so. Otherwise, consider it a loss and delete it from your system just out of principle.

If you need assistance with cleaning up your system, ask us and we will provide you with free and secure utilities that may be a bit more hands on (still nothing too terribly difficult), but infinitely safer than anything you purchase.

-Wolf sends
 

Wolfshadw

Splendid
Moderator
99.9% of the tools any Paid-For offer (or purport they offer) to help your system can be obtained, virus free and free of charge. The other 0.1% doesn't actually work with your system. If you can get your money back, please do so. Otherwise, consider it a loss and delete it from your system just out of principle.

If you need assistance with cleaning up your system, ask us and we will provide you with free and secure utilities that may be a bit more hands on (still nothing too terribly difficult), but infinitely safer than anything you purchase.

-Wolf sends
 

Barty1884

Admirable
Moderator
Seems to have been around long enough, and 'reviewed' (a prior version) by PCMag:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2373777,00.asp

Along with a 'review' here:
http://www.toptenreviews.com/software/utilities/best-pc-system-utilities-software/fix-it-utilities-pro-review/

Doesn't seem worth it to me, as it's not going to do anything that you couldn't do manually....

For the novice user, it's likely sufficient. Doesn't appear like it's going to do any harm though.
 

tlavanway3

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
7
0
10,510
0
its not that i dont know how to take care of my pc, its just that i think i should have something that can keep it runnin like new. i know a lot about computers i built my own (gaming) but i just want something thats more simple to use then going into admin tools and doing everything manual.
 

Barty1884

Admirable
Moderator
While I would still argue it's worth maintaining yourself - given your argument/reasoning, I guess it's fit for purpose.

From the (limited) reviews (or review-type articles), it doesn't appear to contain any malware/viruses etc so, provided you utilize some common sense, it doesn't appear particularly risky.
 

USAFRet

Illustrious
Moderator


The problem with these things are two fold.

1. They make a lot of assumptions about what is best for you and your system.
Which may not be what it really needs.

2. They tend to have a LOT of services and scanning crap running all the time. Taking up resources and slowing the system down. Which is the exact opposite of what they purport to do.

Friend of mine came to me with a brand new laptop. It was desperately slow. Had some "PC Health" thing running (part of the factory crapware).
That thing was doing so many 24/7 scans and checks, it was the main user of the system, not my friend.
Uninstalled it, and it was like I upgraded the CPU and added another 4GB RAM.
 

USAFRet

Illustrious
Moderator


From their website:
"Exclusive Active Intelligence silently and automatically monitors and fixes all your PC tune up problems."

Sucking up resources to 'monitor', for no good reason.
 

Barty1884

Admirable
Moderator


Fair comment. I never said it was a *good* idea, but it doesn't exactly sound 'risky' as far as putting the setup at any risk of viruses etc. I did say with utilizing common sense (to me, that would be killing processes hogging your resources), but again, totally fair comment.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Antivirus / Security / Privacy 2
C Antivirus / Security / Privacy 3
P Antivirus / Security / Privacy 2
S Antivirus / Security / Privacy 3
T Antivirus / Security / Privacy 5
M Antivirus / Security / Privacy 1
A Antivirus / Security / Privacy 1
L Antivirus / Security / Privacy 8
B Antivirus / Security / Privacy 2
C Antivirus / Security / Privacy 18
bambiboom Antivirus / Security / Privacy 3
C Antivirus / Security / Privacy 1
A Antivirus / Security / Privacy 1
S Antivirus / Security / Privacy 1
kroeger Antivirus / Security / Privacy 2
G Antivirus / Security / Privacy 1
N Antivirus / Security / Privacy 6
A Antivirus / Security / Privacy 4
M Antivirus / Security / Privacy 4
N Antivirus / Security / Privacy 3

ASK THE COMMUNITY