Solved! Fixing bios bricked Asus N552VW

Oct 8, 2018
Hello. I have Asus N552VW, I flashed an unlocked bios for ram overclocking, then it didn't work so I restored my BIOS back. After I rebooted it never worked again. When I press power LED lights of power, airplane mode and trustedkey light up, charging light keeps blinking regardless of me attaching a power supply or not. Also attaching power cord makes the laptop run all of the above without pressing power button.
The screen is always black. The fan spins but the laptop is cold so nothing is really working.

Now my laptop is bios bricked, anyway to flash another bios or fix it again? I don't have an Asus center near to me, and the laptop is just two years old can't be trashed yet.

I put the latest bios from Asus on USB key, didn't work and the flash didn't blink light.

How did you restore it? Which version did you flash after the "unlocked" BIOS? Which unlocked BIOS was it?

Reset the BIOS

Other than that, your notebook doesn´t provide BIOS flashback. If the BIOS is bricked, you will have to get a BIOS chip with the correct BIOS for your notebook and replace your current chip. (soldering required)

How did you restore it? Which version did you flash after the "unlocked" BIOS? Which unlocked BIOS was it?

Reset the BIOS

Other than that, your notebook doesn´t provide BIOS flashback. If the BIOS is bricked, you will have to get a BIOS chip with the correct BIOS for your notebook and replace your current chip. (soldering required)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Laptop Tech Support 6
graf man Laptop Tech Support 1
Y Laptop Tech Support 4
ChadPudding Laptop Tech Support 1
Peudekai Laptop Tech Support 3
F Laptop Tech Support 3
R Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 4
nanapour Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 2