flash android without opining the device

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ManoAamer

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
Hi Guys ,
can i flash my phone into a new android without turning it on
the problem is that there is no os in my phone so i can't open it
when i open the recovery mode , normal mode or the download mode it gives me nothing :'(
is there a program that can add a new android to my phone without turning it on

ManoAamer

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013

the same shit :'(

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
You have to install the Samsung USB driver. Once it's installed it's there, you don't need to run the wizard every time.

Same goes for the Developers kit. Once you've installed the appropriate packages they're there for use. The rest of it is done via the command terminal.

Since you're having issues, can you do the following please?

Take screen shots of these things:
The platform-tools folder inside the sdk folder.
The SDK manager.
And the text fed back by the command prompt after doing the commands I gave you earlier.

Upload the images to www.imageshack.us then copy the image location by clicking on "View full size" and then copying the URL from the address bar. Once you've got that done, you can post them here by putting the link to the picture in between this [img*][*/img] WITHOUT THE *.

These are mine, and yours should look very similar except you shouldn't have quite as many items in the platform-tools folder. Most of mine are specialized scripts and custom ROMs. Once I see yours I may be able to deduce where you're going wrong.

platformtools.png

sdky.png

shellh.png

ManoAamer

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013

93681513.png

17206770.png

14906747.png

41576810.png

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Well, it looks like everything is intact and in place.

I'm unfortunately running out of advice for you.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1134975
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=819551

These are links well worth a read; they essentially outline the same process I've been trying to help you complete. I recommend you just keep trying button combinations and hope that sooner or later, it'll work and you can start the rest of the process.

ManoAamer

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013

dude i really don't know how to thank you but one more thing please
I installed linux on my laptop
will there be any difference between the codes i had to write in the CMD and the codes that i gotta write in the terminal
thanks

ManoAamer

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013

I prefer linux and i think i can use it much better than the windows

klezeh

Honorable
Aug 9, 2013

Please am facing similar problems, my phone (Glo AW 550D) got bricked, it cant boot past the first screen. and i have followed everything you said here, but my computer sees the phne, but SDK cant see the phone, may be cox it stops at the fastboot screen or something, how can i acess my internal sd plz, coz i actually altered my firmware folder, i wanna put it back for my phone to boot again. thanks

Rohit Dhiman

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013
Hello,
i am having the same problem....my phone got crashed and it seams that its operating system have finished, i am having sony xperia neo v mt11i and after the problem has occurred, when i try to switch on my phone firstly the screen showing sony comes then xperia n then normally it should load operating system after that but after xperia screen it gets restarted and the cycle goes on.
please help me out in installing the new android into it.
P.S my phone got switched off while i was using it normally and it never switched on back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.