Flash Video Frame Rate Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titan91

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
This may be impossible or impractical but my oversimplified understanding of flash video is basically a series of vector image movement and transformation key frames. When composing a flash file you must specify the playback frame rate. Is it possible then to specify a higher frame rate or play the video back at a higher frame rate using key frame interpolation? Or is this even supported in Flash? There is an old cartoon series I enjoy watching but they are only 12fps. If I can get say, 60fps out of these it would be pretty sweet.

Titan91

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011

As a result of increased CPU load? That's not an issue since I will be using Swivel to render frame-by-frame. You say it's possible, is there any proof it has been done?

Titan91

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
Correct, for conversion with Swivel so I can play it back at full speed. Essentially inbetweening the entire flash movie from 12fps to 60fps. So for example if a shape moves 40 points to the left in two frames and is skewed 10% in the same two frames, use software tweening to get the same effect in 4 frames or more, played at a higher frame rate to maintain the same spatial playback speed of the original animation.

460px-Memc.jpg

linear.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.