Solved! Flashing lines and other laptop troubles

ndpankcakes

Prominent
Sep 20, 2018
Last year, I tried to find help over my Dell inspiron 5559 stuck in “automatic repair”. Well, I got a replacement hard drive that Christmas and my laptop was working almost like normal again.

But a few months ago, the screen started breaking into a row of flashing vertical lines. At first, it happened only when I boot up. Now I’m getting them more frequently whenever the thing’s on. No lines whenever I hooked it to my TV, tho.

On another note, I found whenever I hooked the speakers, the sound of the laptop came out weak from the left speaker.

Solution
As to the speakers, it is likely the speaker itself that is the issue. I would try testing them on a different device.

As to the screen. It could be the cable that connects the display to the motherboard, or it could be the display itself. There is no quick fix for these. The device will need to be opened up and first the cable checked for problems, and possibly replaced. Should that not work, then the display would need replacing.

If you have not worked on a laptop before (done repairs) then I would suggest taking it to a local tech. However, if it is under warranty, then just contact the manufacturer.
As to the speakers, it is likely the speaker itself that is the issue. I would try testing them on a different device.

As to the screen. It could be the cable that connects the display to the motherboard, or it could be the display itself. There is no quick fix for these. The device will need to be opened up and first the cable checked for problems, and possibly replaced. Should that not work, then the display would need replacing.

If you have not worked on a laptop before (done repairs) then I would suggest taking it to a local tech. However, if it is under warranty, then just contact the manufacturer.

Solution