Solved! Flashing screen after uninstalling graphics driver

Apr 30, 2018
So. About a year or 2 ago, I deleted my graphics driver, trusting people, that my laptop would download it again automatically.

After that, restart, and my screen went flashing. I think, black screen for 1 second, then for a moment it turned on and went right back. And this basically repeating forever.

As I couldn't do anything at all, I contacted a friend, who was luckily able to put the driver back for free. :ange:

My real question is, that will it happen again? And what caused it, if literally everyone said that it will be alright? :/]

Apr 30, 2018

But I'm planning to. Windows 10 keeps disabling my dedicated GPU (Radeon R7 M260DX) and I saw in a post, that deleting the driver will fix it. I tried disabling the internal, but then it uses something called "Microsoft Basic Render Driver" with a refresh rate of 64Hz. I also tried re-enabling my dedicated graphics card and even though it says it's enabled, win10 still uses this 'render driver'. I also saw in a post, that I should check the BIOS and make sure it's set to use my main GPU, but I don't have anything like that at all. I can only set a few things, like boot priority, boot mode, etc... and check my laptop's stats. I noticed that the graphics card is never mentioned anywhere. Not in BIOS, neither Windows. I want to mention, that if I check if there are new drivers available through windows, there's always one. I'll check on ADM's website if there's really a new driver.