Flickering black or staticy screen when tilted

idleworshipping

Prominent
May 7, 2017
So my ASUS laptop's been flickering for a little while now, but recently it's gotten worse. The screen will go black or staticy when tilted. It can usually be fixed by changing the tilt of my screen, but it's becoming more frequent and harder to find the correct angle. Sound and everything still works when it goes dark. It displays fine if I connect it to a tv, even if the laptop if flickering. Is this is ribbon/cable issue? I've timed out on the warranty, so is it even worth it to get it fixed or should I just get a new laptop? Any estimates on what the cost would be to fix? Also what would cause this and how would I prevent this from happening again?

Solution
Yes, it is probably the cable connecting the MOBO to the screen. I think it is worth it fixing, I don't know how much does it cost, but it shouldn't be that much. The cause is just simply wear. These cables can't work for too long if they are tilted/strained too much. Try not to open/close the screen that often after fixing, so it won't wear out that fast.
Good luck!

Endre555

Commendable
Jul 4, 2016
Yes, it is probably the cable connecting the MOBO to the screen. I think it is worth it fixing, I don't know how much does it cost, but it shouldn't be that much. The cause is just simply wear. These cables can't work for too long if they are tilted/strained too much. Try not to open/close the screen that often after fixing, so it won't wear out that fast.
Good luck!

Solution