Flickering issue on 3d Mitsubishi

seanny

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
I am currently using a 60 inch 3d Mitsubishi.It has been a pain since day 1.But the price I got it for justifies this to an extent....$562.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889248057
My issue is that when I use my Blu Ray Player,I get flickering at the bottom of the screen.It does it about 75% of the time.But only on Blu Ray/DVD use.Does not happen while I use my PS3..but due to some odd inconsistency,I can't use the PS3's Blu Ray.Odd yes?
My Blu Ray Player is......http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882105427
Is there any way to get rid of the flicker at the bottom of the screen?
I tried to plug it into a different outlet,but still same issue exists.I have alot of electronics in the room.It never did this with my 42 inch Toshiba.
Any help is appreciated.

gabelevvvy

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
Does it happen while you are wearing the 3D glasses? If it does, it is just the way your 3D TV works. Active 3D TVs send left and right images one at a time and the lenses of the shutter glasses flicker to get them. If it does on the TV screen, you should call the customer service asap.

jcoultas98

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
If the flickering is only occuring during 3D, and 50% of the screen, you have some sort of issue with the TV. There are a few things you can check. Make sure you have clear line of sight to the emitter. Also, double check your HDMI cable, i've heard of weird issues with extremely cheap cables. And as always, make sure the cable is not damaged. If all of these things seem ok, i'd contact your reseller.

yang0409

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012

I'm a bit confused with your description but based on what I understand you are only experiencing this when you're watching a 3d movie. The mitsubishi tv you have uses active 3d and like what they said flickering is just usual with active 3d tvs. So, the tv you have is not defective. You mentioned that this doesn't happen with your toshiba probably because the other tv has passive 3d which is flicker free. I own a passive 3d too but what I got is from lg. I got it from them because I think they're the leader when it comes to passive 3d technology.

TRENDING THREADS