Folder locker created via notepad does not work.

Gauta_

Prominent
Jun 9, 2017
I protected my files using folder locker via note pad now I can`t access my files because the password I created does not work. So what can I do.. And my password is correct but nothing shows up when I enter it on password panel.

little_me

Estimable
May 9, 2015
Following is based on first given google result based on "folder locker with notepad"
If it isn't what you did... following might not work for you.
If following isn't what you did, you might want to tell more about the matter or... where you found the directions to locking folders with notepad (or batch file)

Quick googling shows following for "locking folders with batch file"
http://www.instructables.com/id/Folder-Locker-using-notepad-1/
which tells you to copy/paste code from
http://errorcode401.blogspot.fi/2013/06/folder-locker.html
which uses password "errorcode401" by default. (you can see it in batch file code)
yet the post says that default password is "mohit" which is wrong if you copied it from earlier place.

It is also kind of dumb way to "secure" a folder since all it does it hides it and sets it as system folder, which you can access and see if you set your folder options to show all files.

If all that fails, you can check the batch file for the correct password,
if that fails, rgd1101's suggestion might be only alternative to it, especially since helping to get around passwords is against the rules here.
Above is not really a password protection though, It's closer to "This batch file I made renamed and hid the folder I copied stuff to, where did they go?" (which you should be careful with, random batch files from internet can do much worse than just hide a folder.)

little_me

Estimable
May 9, 2015
Following is based on first given google result based on "folder locker with notepad"
If it isn't what you did... following might not work for you.
If following isn't what you did, you might want to tell more about the matter or... where you found the directions to locking folders with notepad (or batch file)

Quick googling shows following for "locking folders with batch file"
http://www.instructables.com/id/Folder-Locker-using-notepad-1/
which tells you to copy/paste code from
http://errorcode401.blogspot.fi/2013/06/folder-locker.html
which uses password "errorcode401" by default. (you can see it in batch file code)
yet the post says that default password is "mohit" which is wrong if you copied it from earlier place.

It is also kind of dumb way to "secure" a folder since all it does it hides it and sets it as system folder, which you can access and see if you set your folder options to show all files.

If all that fails, you can check the batch file for the correct password,
if that fails, rgd1101's suggestion might be only alternative to it, especially since helping to get around passwords is against the rules here.
Above is not really a password protection though, It's closer to "This batch file I made renamed and hid the folder I copied stuff to, where did they go?" (which you should be careful with, random batch files from internet can do much worse than just hide a folder.)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Antivirus / Security / Privacy 5
monkeylovlov Antivirus / Security / Privacy 1
J Antivirus / Security / Privacy 7
mangaman Antivirus / Security / Privacy 3
G Antivirus / Security / Privacy 10
P Antivirus / Security / Privacy 1
C Antivirus / Security / Privacy 4
D Antivirus / Security / Privacy 2
9 Antivirus / Security / Privacy 5
F Antivirus / Security / Privacy 3
R Antivirus / Security / Privacy 4