Ford Escape Aux Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

harhale

Estimable
Nov 18, 2014
I have a 2008 Ford escape. I took it to the shop yesterday because my defrost quit working which has nothing to do with the aux problem.. anyway while I was dropping it off he asked if I was having any other problems, and I said well my auxiliary plug in is not working so while they had it they also looked into that.. He called me back and said that the aux problem was just a blown fuse which was causing the aux not to work along with the cig lighter. So he replaced the fuse it was only like four dollars. Well I picked up my car today and decided to plug an auxiliary cord in and pushed the aux button on the stereo to play music and it said "no aux" but I plugged my phone charger into the cig lighter that used to not work and it worked and charged my phone.. so I thought maybe my cord was bad?? So the only other thing I had was some head phones and plugged them in and switched it to aux and it said the same thing. Has anyone had this problem or know what could be wrong? I do not want to pay a lot to have it fixed but it would be nice to be able to plug my phone in!?

Solution
Sounds like the mechanics messed it up/didn't fix it correctly. They should at least be willing to take another look at it, just to see what went wrong. If not, well, you might want to think about finding a new mechanic. Not much else to be done there.
Sounds like the mechanics messed it up/didn't fix it correctly. They should at least be willing to take another look at it, just to see what went wrong. If not, well, you might want to think about finding a new mechanic. Not much else to be done there.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.