Forget iPhone 12 — why I’m buying the new iPhone SE

Apr 18, 2020
Get the iPhone SE if you hate that face ID does not work when you wear a government mandated face mask!

InfoArch

Estimable
Apr 20, 2016
Regarding your issue with charging, the same thing happened to my iPhone X. First I thought it was the cables as some seemed to work better than others. Then none worked and I was entirely on wireless charging. Then I had a thought... I took a toothpick and cleaned out 2+ mm of pocket lint in the phone's Lightning charge port. Instant fix!

Now I have a bigger problem. First, my AppleCare ran out four months ago as Apple does not send out renewals and I had no idea coverage had ended but it had. Second, that might not have been something I would have known about except my got wet, it skimmed the top of some water, never more than an inch or so of depth. The Face ID stopped working and, even though my "waterproof" iPhone does not show any water damage on the indicator, Apple does not cover water damage to its "waterproof" phone. I suppose that had I not admitted the superficial excursion with the water, maybe they would have done something.

But, how does a phone advertised as "waterproof" IP67 yet they don't cover water damage??? How can I ever trust Apple again?

I think I will be going to the dark side, back to an Android.