News Forget PS5: Why I’m sticking with my gaming PC

Apr 16, 2020
This article made a lot of good points that I agreed with. That being said I love playing video games on a TV screen. And while this is possible with a PC, it is generally more convenient with a console.

Although it's true the author prefers Sony produced games, I would like to see more praise given to Microsoft for evolving the gaming ecosystem - something I would expect a PC gamer to encourage. I am saddened by the fact that Sony, who absolutely makes amazing games, has not participated in the innovation of the gaming ecosystem to the extent that Microsoft has.

If I purchase a game in the Microsoft ecosystem, that game will work across all systems moving forward. Articles should be encouraging a gaming evolution of this kind - irrespective of the company. I don't believe the author is paying enough recognition towards this difference.

Sep 5, 2020
Sorry this just doesn’t make sense. If one were to build a PC to match the PS5 specs
16GB Ram, 800 GB SSD, Nvidia 2080 level graphics, Quality Amd CPU, 4K Blu Ray player, Case, Power supply, Fan, Motherboard - You’re looking at $1600 minimum. And that’s without a monitor, keyboard, mouse, Operating System. To say that a gaming. level PC allows you to run multiple programs at the same time is silly also because a $500 PC these days also can do,that.

Oct 2, 2020
This website is biased against consoles.
Not everybody has a PC let alone a gaming PC or even wants one with the hassle/cost and all.

Problem with PC gaming though is all the hackers/cheaters for this reason alone since BF1, BF5, Apex Legends, COD I didn't have a choice but to buy a console to play those games and others. All the hacking is what's ruining PC gaming for me and others I know.

Plus there are just some games that have a bigger pool of people playing them a lot longer.

Plug and play easy to use, headphones work right away no software to fiddle with, less expensive.

It could take a monster rig to compete with the Xbox, it will cost a lot more then $500-600 to build a PC to over take the Xbox sx/PS5 due to also console games are very well optimized and PC games usually are not.

Consoles get a lot of game sales all the time plus the new Xbox is BC with all current games which is a big plus going forward.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/6/2...acks-hacking-tools-developer-response-problem

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...f-crossplay-to-escape-pc-cheaters-in-the-beta