Forget the Galaxy S21 FE — Samsung’s Galaxy S22 is the better value

Mar 11, 2022
This is pretty obvious no? The latest flagship has better features than last years budget version of the flagship.

dragos281993

Estimable
Jan 7, 2019
The battery life is pathetic on the S22 though. After 2 weeks of using one, SD variant too which is supposed to be better than the Exynos one, I'm getti g on average 2minutes per 1 percentage unit. That sums up to about 3h SOT. This is by far the worst battery life I've ever experienced in a phone. I'm beyond dissapointed. And I'm in a situation where after putting the phone in one of those bumper cases from Samsung before even turning on the phone for the first time after unboxing it, the aluminium frame got scratch marks here and there because the case is made of policarbonate. Let's see how much money they give me back for returning this thing, if they even accept the return.
So if you want some advice, stay away from the S22 lineup, at least for now. Maybe Samsung releases an update to improve the battery life but I somehow doubt it. If you can't wait and want one of these phones, choose the S21FE. The battery is much bigger and that should be enough reason to go for it. The chipsets in these latest so called flagships are not that much superior than the previous generation so you won't miss anything there. The battery alone should be good enough reason to choose the FE.

Last edited: