News Forget the PS5 — here's why I’m waiting for the PS5 Pro

Dec 31, 2020
Geez, what the hell did you expect? Even today's high end graphics cards cant play at 4k properly(Ray traced, without DLSS), anybody expecting $500 consoles to play 4k(with high quality visuals) is deluding themselves. And no, PS5 Pro won't play it either.

Apple Jackson

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2014
I only got a few lines in and already have to comment. The PS5 doesn't struggle AT ALL with framerate in CP77. There are a million issues it does have due to the state of the game, but fps is VERY consistently pinned at 60, maybe occasionally dropping as low as 55. If you're having trouble with framerate, I have to believe it's user error or your TV/monitor that is the culprit there.

Popa2caps

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014
I only got a few lines in and already have to comment. The PS5 doesn't struggle AT ALL with framerate in CP77. There are a million issues it does have due to the state of the game, but fps is VERY consistently pinned at 60, maybe occasionally dropping as low as 55. If you're having trouble with framerate, I have to believe it's user error or your TV/monitor that is the culprit there.
It's still just a 1188P screen though. It shouldn't dip at all being that low res on that hardware.

Popa2caps

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014
This post is bad if I'm being honest. It screams reaching just for views / reads. Why would anyone care if you " Imad Khan " waited for the PS5 Pro? I'm waiting to go to the bathroom, what to read about it? Also who in the world writes this type of article a month after the release of the new consoles? Just a side note, you shouldn't write everything you think.

Don't let anyone fool you if you plan on getting one of these next gen consoles. They are not weak at all. The Series S is the lowest in terms of power, but still has a fast CPU. If should be able to hold at 1920 x 1080 just fine. For those who want 2560 x 1440 120 FPS and /or UHD (close to 4K), get a PS5, Xbox Series X. PC will be a bottleneck for years to come.

Jan 1, 2021
There won't be a PS5 pro. Only reason why there was a PS4 pro was 4k TVs. 8k wont take off and these consoles are already powerful enough for 4k 30 with RT. Or 4k 60 without RT. Cyberpunk isn't even on PS5 yet so it is a bad example. PS4 version doesn't count and that game could easily run in the 100s on PS5 on that low resolution if it wasn't capped at 60.

Jan 1, 2021
This post is bad if I'm being honest. It screams reaching just for views / reads. Why would anyone care if you " Imad Khan " waited for the PS5 Pro? I'm waiting to go to the bathroom, what to read about it? Also who in the world writes this type of article a month after the release of the new consoles? Just a side note, you shouldn't write everything you think.

Don't let anyone fool you if you plan on getting one of these next gen consoles. They are not weak at all. The Series S is the lowest in terms of power, but still has a fast CPU. If should be able to hold at 1920 x 1080 just fine. For those who want 2560 x 1440 120 FPS and /or UHD (close to 4K), get a PS5, Xbox Series X. PC will be a bottleneck for years to come.
My PC is already better than Series X. And you can't really run anything on PS5 on more than 60 fps. Nor does it support 1440p. Native 4k 120 is never gonna be a thing on these consoles...

Jan 1, 2021
This is just really short-sighted writing. Sorry to the author but how can this be written when we know that it's not the console's problems. Well, maybe it's the PS5's because it's the inferior console in terms of raw power and design vs. the Series X but still - these games were derailed by a pandemic while the consoles were not delayed the same way the games were. That's a serious and irrefutable fact that means everything in this context. Cyberpunk 2077 was built for the Xbox One and PS4 systems and then they realized that people were going to be wanting this game on the SX and PS5 and had expectations that it would be something transformative on those spaces, all devs panicked because they knew that they didn't have these new consoles available to test and optimize on. That's a huge problem. No ramp time to adapt to the new hardware and optimize. This kind of journalism comes from a perspective that simply doesn't understand that.

Here are the facts: there's a lot of good power in these consoles. They're never going to sniff 8K gaming that has any satisfactory detail but they are definitely more than capable of big games in 4K with 60 FPS. Maybe it's not always ultra settings graphics but they'll be so pretty to look at. Case and point: no console generation has ever proved its capabilities in the early months. Maybe the original Xbox did because it sort of came out of nowhere with a killer app and a chipset that was identical to the PCs at the time and made it easy to ramp up and launch with little expectation but that was a long time ago. We may never see that kind of impressive launch again. Until we have a console generation or chipset that finally allows something like photorealism at good frame rates we'll never be all that impressed with the technology. I believe that 8K is probably that opportunity and getting graphics chips to do 8K @ 60-120 FPS with outstanding quality and lighting is where we'll be blown away. I think we're still technically 2 console generations away from something like that, unless we can find a way to offer incredible and somewhat affordable technology that dramatically increases performance from current generation tech to the next (e.g. going from 12 TFLOPs to 36 TFLOPs from Series X to its successor).