Solved! formatt my laptop

May 3, 2019
wont reboot from my cd windows 7..wont give bios optons
wont format partition
its toshiba tecra with windos 7 proffisional
looking for help
also how to get free windows 10

Solution
Since this is a laptop and the mouse is going all over the place, then the issue is likely a hardware one with the keyboard or the touchpad/mouse tracker on the laptop.

To get Windows 10 you can download the setup media from Microsoft but to use it properly you will need to check your laptop model and see if there are Win 10 drivers for it. If not, you have a risk of having something not work. Usually audio or video card are the two with the most issues. You can use Win 10 not activated but you will see a "not activated" message in the corner.

mahardikahandoko

Prominent
Apr 22, 2018
Hello, albertaguy!

first of all, can you give more specific reason why you can't reboot from you windows 7 cd and why your laptop won't give you bios option since every laptop have bios option (maybe you should check your manual or google it if you don't know how) and why you don't want to format partitions (or it can't be formatted)?

you can download free windows 10 right now in their official website. But, you may not get full feature that activated windows users have (after 30 days trial). but it still cover your basic functionality like browsing, gaming, office apps

May 3, 2019
it all started where the mouse would run all over the screen non stop.
when mouse stop at a point on screen it creates cascades of web pages or what ever the pointer is on..
i had same problem b4 but i was able to reinstall from cd but that was long time ago and now like i mention it wont give me options--no bios--no reboot from cd--
i tried f1-f2--esc--delete-f10-f12---FN key-all the f keys..-i searched everything but some how this time nothing--i read that window 7 will not be supported by jan 2020..i still cant find a site where i can get free windows 10 unless i pay for it... i do wanna formatt it but i cant even have that option either-- i bought new mouse still no improvement..i been tiold maybe my hard drive got perm. virus

Since this is a laptop and the mouse is going all over the place, then the issue is likely a hardware one with the keyboard or the touchpad/mouse tracker on the laptop.

To get Windows 10 you can download the setup media from Microsoft but to use it properly you will need to check your laptop model and see if there are Win 10 drivers for it. If not, you have a risk of having something not work. Usually audio or video card are the two with the most issues. You can use Win 10 not activated but you will see a "not activated" message in the corner.

Solution