Former HP CEO Mark Hurd Offered Job at Oracle

Status
Not open for further replies.

digiex

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
"the worst personnel decision since the idiots on the Apple board fired Steve Jobs many years ago."

I like the sound of that!

He does not deserved to be fired, Clinton won his impeachment case.

arunloveshacking

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010
We here in Our country end up in JAIL if we were to commit sexual harassment, but dude, u get a new job plus a pay increase too... I wish i was him ;-)

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Clinton didn't get fired though, or have to resign early, and after Clinton left they got George W Bush.

When people jump for joy that Hurd left, remember the next guy could be HP's equivalent of Dubya.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
i thought 2 of the most important qualities of a CEO is integrity and leadership. altering expense reports don't reflect well on the first trait. HP's morale was at its lowest when he was at the helm. this doesn't reflect well on the second trait.

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
Fudged expense reports = dishonesty = "No job for YOU!"

I'm not anti-Oracle in any other way, but I hope they learn a very painful lesson from this.

G

Mark Turd
Fiddling the books after he stuffed up all HP employees.
Going against the original HP policy.
Nobody should hire this weener.

zaixionito

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
Y'guys seen the story of the employee? He does not look to be at fault, in my opinion. Check out the employee's former job, for more info... :O

thegreathuntingdolphin

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
[citation][nom]zaixionito[/nom]Y'guys seen the story of the employee? He does not look to be at fault, in my opinion. Check out the employee's former job, for more info...[/citation]

No he was at fault. The Board of HP "didn't find any evidence of sexual misconduct" because Mark Hurd paid her off so she would stop her allegations and so she wouldn't talk ergo the Board didn't have any evidence because Hurd paid off the victim. If Hurd was right, he would not have left. He would be suing HP for way more than the amount they paid him to leave for breaking his employment contract. Also, he did falsify the expense reports which amounted to hundreds of thousands of dollars (and was something that he had railed against he own employees about for years).

Status
Not open for further replies.