Forum Account Deletion

• Thread starter Deleted member 410608
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 410608

Hello, all!
I'd like to have this account and all associated content deleted.

I've checked the account settings, but found no option to do so. I've also searched for relevant threads, and the few I've found had no solutions to this problem.

Please note that I do not wish to "deactivate" this account, I want it completely and permanently deleted.

D

Deleted member 410608

Tom's Guide does not delete accounts.
You may request that your account become anonymous by sending a request to community@futurenet.com

Wolfshadw

Thank you for the response.

Though I have to say that this is strange, not being able to delete one's account. The Tom's Forums FAQs (which are linked to in the Tom's Guide Rules of Conduct post) do show an option for account deletion, at least on Tom's Hardware forums. One would expect the case would be the same here.

Plus, the Future Media privacy policy linked to in this webpage's footer does clearly state to users can request "the erasure of [their] personal data." Or is this what you meant by requesting turning the account anonymous?
I'd also appreciate documentation on what would this anonymization entail.

Though I have to say that this is strange, not being able to delete one's account.
It's not strange at all. Many sites that allow you to upload content state that whatever you, as the user, upload becomes the property of the site.

The Tom's Forums FAQs (which are linked to in the Tom's Guide Rules of Conduct post) do show an option for account deletion, at least on Tom's Hardware forums. One would expect the case would be the same here.
These are the little things that slip through the cracks when policy/management changes. In the Tom's Forums FAQ, under How do I cancel my Account, it should read, "To deactivate your account...". The link does take you to your Account Settings screen where you do have the option to deactivate your account. I will send a message to management to have that corrected.

Plus, the Future Media privacy policy linked to in this webpage's footer does clearly state to users can request "the erasure of [their] personal data." Or is this what you meant by requesting turning the account anonymous?
I'd also appreciate documentation on what would this anonymization entail.
The content of what you post here (or on any Future site) is not considered personal data. Turning your account anonymous means that your screen name is changed to "Anonymous" and that your user avatar is changed to a generic one. I don't know if any other identifying information is removed (for legal reasons), but anything that is publicly shown is changed.

To my knowledge, there is no official documentation.

For any further assistance or clarification, I suggest you contact the community managers via e-mail community@futurenet.com

Wolfshadw