Forza 3 Xbox 360 Has 250 GB HDD Too

Status
Not open for further replies.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
Great! I love competition!!!!

No matter we like Sony PS3 or not... their price drop defintely the price war.. now we are getting cheaper PS3 Xbox360.. and even Wii...

No matter who win the price war.... we the gamers WIN!!!

G

who in their right mind would need 250gb for a console... save games??? go buy a computer and whne you pay an extra fifty bucks you get 1tb or maybe larger

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]tgoods44[/nom]who in their right mind would need 250gb for a console... save games??? go buy a computer and whne you pay an extra fifty bucks you get 1tb or maybe larger[/citation]

For Xbox360 owner 250gb is very useful. Since MS is pushing more and more streaming/download games/HD videos instead of going to blu-ray while still keeping the high price for HDD upgrade...
having more HDD space to start with (without paying too much extra)may not be a bad idea.

Wish that bundle also come with a Wireless-N adaptor......

pender21

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2008
No, the 250GB drive is for game installs to the HDD to reduce DVD drive noise and improve loading times (mostly a noise benefit). There are also a lot of hardcore users who get DLC for games and XBLA games too (some XBLA games are big).

I agree the price is expensive, but the Pro is $250.

pender21

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2008
Also, MS just announce you can Download full Retail Game Titles over the internet instead of buying a disc. They needed to do this because the 120GB was not enough.

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
Semi off-topic, but I can't wait for Forza 3 to come out, its going to be a sick game. Guess I'll have to dust off the old Halo 3 edition 360!

tony_wilson

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
If these ass hats would just update the gpu I would buy one. Prices and technology have changed so much nowadays they could probably put a more powerful one in there for cheaper. Sony is so damn dumb for shrinking the cpu instead of updating the gpu.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
I think 250 GB is necessary now that you can download large games, installs games to your HDD, etc. It's too bad that this version isn't painted though. To me that makes it not worth it. So how long till microsoft caves and starts selling that 250 GB hdd?

On another note...

[citation][nom]tony_wilson[/nom]If these ass hats would just update the gpu I would buy one. Prices and technology have changed so much nowadays they could probably put a more powerful one in there for cheaper. Sony is so damn dumb for shrinking the cpu instead of updating the gpu.[/citation]

That would make it a computer, not a console. I'm all for updating computer components, but consoles don't update their components (such as the gpu) because ALL of their games are optimized for a certain hardware. That's one of the leading arguments for console users: that by using a console, everything is simpler (no driver issues for different games).

If you put in a new piece of hardware, then all games (old and new) would need to be optimized for that hardware. Do you think you can convince game developers to re-optimize their older games for new hardware? Probably not when they already have their money. They figure that is microsoft's issue, and they shouldn't have to pay to re-optimize.

So after all that, you want the latest and greatest stick with the pc. You want everything in an easy package, get a console.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]the_one111[/nom]My thoughts: Why. do. we. care.[/citation]

That's like saying why does anyone care that there are new pc components coming out. Why do I care? Because I like hearing about the latest and greatest stuff and how it performs in pc gaming.

Why do I wanna hear about consoles and their updates? Because I like both pc AND console gaming. Sometimes I think the members of this site forget that console gaming holds a very large share of the gaming industry.

Actually, they don't forget. It just makes them mad to know that not everyone prefers keyboard and mouse with awesome hardware to a console. Too much console hate. Just get over yourselves.

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
[citation][nom]touchdowntexas13[/nom]I think 250 GB is necessary now that you can download large games, installs games to your HDD, etc. It's too bad that this version isn't painted though. To me that makes it not worth it. So how long till microsoft caves and starts selling that 250 GB hdd?[/citation]

hopefully very soon... having the 60gb is horrible with netflix and the 120 wouldn't really help it to much... the 250 is somewot reasonable tho 500 would have been better... oh well... much like updates to damn near everything else... they are tiny increments stretched out to maximize profits...

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
yep. I have a 120 GB elite, but if the 360 has as much life as microsoft claims it does and it becomes standard to download games, then I will definitely need a bigger HDD

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
I vote that next round, Microsoft makes it so any SATA 2.5" or 3.5" (whatever form they decide to run with) hard drive will just pop into it. Even better, a method that allows current drives to have their places taken by any 2.5" SATA drive on the market.

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
[citation][nom]tony_wilson[/nom]If these ass hats would just update the gpu I would buy one. Prices and technology have changed so much nowadays they could probably put a more powerful one in there for cheaper. Sony is so damn dumb for shrinking the cpu instead of updating the gpu.[/citation]

I'm sure the 'asshats' will get around to upgrading the GPU when the Xbox3/Xbox720 etc comes out. Fixed platforms exist for a reason, its a standardized development environment that allows for highly optimized code which is why the PS3 and Xbox360 can deliver significantly better graphics performance than PCs with the same vintage of hardware specs. Look at the original Xbox it basically had a modified Nvidia Geforce 3/4 chip and a modified P3 733Mhz cpu. It would outperform PC with significantly better hardware for some time.

tony_wilson

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
You are so wrong buddy. At the release of x-box any stage or PS for that matter, they have never out performed pc graphics. Even now the 360 is DX 8 only. Get your facts straight techie!

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]tony_wilson[/nom]You are so wrong buddy. At the release of x-box any stage or PS for that matter, they have never out performed pc graphics. Even now the 360 is DX 8 only. Get your facts straight techie![/citation]

hmmmm i'm not so sure about that. I haven't done any extensive research or anything, but i did just put a new gpu in my little brother's computer. It was an ATI HD4670 (HIS version). It's got 4gb of ram now, but an "old" dual core cpu. I say it like that because it's a Pentium D @ 2.8 GHz, and it came out around the same time the xbox 360 came out.

so, i don't really know what kind of hardware the 360 has, but i do know that my 360 performs better than his pc. I realize that for the pc the cpu might place some bottleneck on the gpu, but that cpu came out the same year the 360 did.

my assumption is that the pc has better components in this case, but is outperformed by the 360. If anybody has better information (like what exactly is inside the 360 and the comparable pc components) then i would be very interested to read it.

just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.