Fossil Sport Review: New Wear OS Chip, Same Wear OS Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkyjohnhuie

Commendable
Apr 15, 2018
THANK YOU for the focus on fitness. I am an avid runner, but I can run on my own, I don't need a watch telling me when to work out. I am interested, however, in the GPS running and battery life so far.

So your 3 mile run, probably took around 30 minutes, give or take? How much battery was drained during that run? You used Strava, Google Fit, and Runtastic?

Was the display on the entire time?

Also, your mentored that the sport mode was coming, and that this watch was future proof. I was hoping it would be future proof and that I wouldn't have watch envy in a month or two. I am nervous, there's another article on here that talks about the Sport Mode being premiered in another to be announced watch. I hoped that it didn't mean that the Sport wouldn't get the Sport Mode update.

Thoughts?

Thanks for the well written article!

Nov 22, 2018
Seeing how terrible apps still are on Wear OS (I had a SW3), the Tizen reviews on this site should be updated.
The lack of apps can't be such a "disappointment" or a downside when having them is more cumbersome than just looking at your phone.

I now have a Galaxy Watch and the only thing I miss is Google Assistant, but not a single app.

funkyjohnhuie

Commendable
Apr 15, 2018
Can you get facer on it?

Nov 22, 2018
Yes, you can get both Facer and Watchmaker.

And I've pushed the battery life up to 5 days with 20% left.

WearOS is no match for Tizen

funkyjohnhuie

Commendable
Apr 15, 2018
That's cool, on your gear s3?

Is it on the Galaxy watch?

Nov 22, 2018
It's a Galaxy Watch. But I believe the S3 has been updated to the same software version.

Battery life is not as long though

Status
Not open for further replies.