Status
Not open for further replies.
G

If the Chinese can't make them, then close the factory and open one in America

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
Foxconn dropped a note that Apple products are "very difficult to make",

Yes, building something with quality in mind is very difficult compared to the normal, subpar crap that comes out of china and the like.

The Greater Good

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
[citation][nom]Screw_China[/nom]If the Chinese can't make them, then close the factory and open one in America[/citation]

I really wish manufacturing jobs would come back to the US. Yes, things would cost more (the only downside... but jobs would be created meaning more tax revenue and people spending their paychecks on goods and services. That leads to more jobs being created and thus continuing the process.

macewrox

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
Unless we get rid of unions for good, business will never bring manufacturing jobs back to the USA. Companies are not going to pay people $32 an hour plus health benefits to work an assembly line job.

Unions had their uses back in the days of big business, but now they're killing industry.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
I wonder where IDC comes up with these figures from....166 million units is an average of 41.5 million per quarter. That would require people to abandon "feature" phones for iPhones, which I don't expect to see happen too soon without those people screaming fraud. Most of us still can't afford the excessively high cost of the services required for smart phones. I ditched my BB after I got tired of paying roughly $140 per month for 450 mins + unlimited data package + unlimited texting package.....I didn't need the data package or texting package, but both were required. My calling package was only $45 a month....the extra $100 was the data package ($60) and the texting package ($30) and taxes...

G

If all they ever make was crap and the product break so fast, why do you guys still buy them. And before you say you are one of those people that don't buy anything made in China. Take one minute and look around you. Yes it shocking how stupid you are. I am stupid too because I am trying to telling people to not be a bias a-hole on the internet. Silly me.

jgalecio

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]Screw_China[/nom]If the Chinese can't make them, then close the factory and open one in America[/citation]

No homey why screw China? Its Apples gay ass that decided to send American jobs over seas for cheaper production. So please don't go blaming people who, just like us Americans, are trying to live and feed a family and keep a dream. Its greedy ass corporate American that should be black balled for sending jobs outside the US while American people get screwed with low paying jobs and unemployment. Because heaven forbid if a company assembled their products here and it cost $400 to make rather than $80 and only make a $200+ profit rather than a $600+ profit...

K2N hater

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
[citation][nom]macewrox[/nom]Unless we get rid of unions for good, business will never bring manufacturing jobs back to the USA. Companies are not going to pay people $32 an hour plus health benefits to work an assembly line job.Unions had their uses back in the days of big business, but now they're killing industry.[/citation]
Without unions you'd be working for 16h a day and earn less than half... Just like in China.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]macewrox[/nom]Unless we get rid of unions for good, business will never bring manufacturing jobs back to the USA. Companies are not going to pay people $32 an hour plus health benefits to work an assembly line job.Unions had their uses back in the days of big business, but now they're killing industry.[/citation]
Unions bankrupted General Motors and Chrysler both...as well as poor management of both companies.

Ford Motor Company closed the Norfolk, Va assembly plant because they were "forced" to pay employees $32 - $58 per hour, depending on job, plus provide health, dental, vision and disability (short and long term) as well as accidental death insurance. GM has been "forced" to provide their employees with the same benefits....which cost into the billions. Plus GM pays retired employees their full salary + raises as "forced" by the UAW. Unions use forms of extortion to get what they want.....funny, Extortion is against US law.....but Unions are permitted to openly commit to it. Companies are permitted to have "anti-union" policies.....but they're required to be "closed-door" policies, meaning they can't require a "non-union agreement", nor can they request that you sign one at any point. In "right to work" states, you can actually be fired for joining a union or attempting to form a union, so long as that isn't stated as the reason for termination.

Horhe

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2008
$32 an hour? I make this amount of money in a day, and my salary is above the average. No wonder companies look for employment elsewhere.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]K2N hater[/nom]Without unions you'd be working for 16h a day and earn less than half... Just like in China.[/citation]
If it wasn't for Unions, GM wouldn't have had to file bankruptcy.....just look at the costs incurred by GM due to UAW.....

greenrider02

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2010
If GM was making quality vehicles that they could sell for a reasonable price, then they wouldn't have had to file for bankruptcy, the union situation hasn't changed.. the managment has, because now they're selling better cars for better prices and actually making money.

The problem was that US automakers thought they could just cruise along while foreign competitors kept innovating and making better cars... so blame the unions if you want, but try to look at some other factors too

alexmx

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009

As if those products weren't expensive enough.

macewrox

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
[citation][nom]K2N hater[/nom]Without unions you'd be working for 16h a day and earn less than half... Just like in China.[/citation]

Yes. And now that laws are set for all of those sorts of problems (Because of unions) their cause is moot.

They have no reason to exist right now except for the blue collar worker's greed. If you want to make $32 an hour, go to college, or learn a real trade or profession.

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
I want to see what happens in several more years when all these iPads and others with sealed batteries stop holding a charge. I am sure Apple is hoping to make them so obsolete that the minions will gladly trade it in on a new one. Apple will then just throw them away, hopefully recycle them somehow.

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
[citation][nom]sykozis[/nom]Unions bankrupted General Motors and Chrysler both...as well as poor management of both companies.Ford Motor Company closed the Norfolk, Va assembly plant because they were "forced" to pay employees $32 - $58 per hour, depending on job, plus provide health, dental, vision and disability (short and long term) as well as accidental death insurance. GM has been "forced" to provide their employees with the same benefits....which cost into the billions. Plus GM pays retired employees their full salary + raises as "forced" by the UAW. Unions use forms of extortion to get what they want.....funny, Extortion is against US law.....but Unions are permitted to openly commit to it. Companies are permitted to have "anti-union" policies.....but they're required to be "closed-door" policies, meaning they can't require a "non-union agreement", nor can they request that you sign one at any point. In "right to work" states, you can actually be fired for joining a union or attempting to form a union, so long as that isn't stated as the reason for termination.[/citation]

The whole auto bail out scam by the Marxist Obama was to bail out the union, not the company like he told/lied to us. GM did go bankrupt anyway but not until Obozo ruined the shareholders and gave it to his union thug buddies.
Unions are nothing but a money laundering scheme for the Marxist, I mean Democrat party.

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
[citation][nom]sykozis[/nom]Unions bankrupted General Motors and Chrysler both...as well as poor management of both companies.Ford Motor Company closed the Norfolk, Va assembly plant because they were "forced" to pay employees $32 - $58 per hour, depending on job, plus provide health, dental, vision and disability (short and long term) as well as accidental death insurance. GM has been "forced" to provide their employees with the same benefits....which cost into the billions. Plus GM pays retired employees their full salary + raises as "forced" by the UAW. Unions use forms of extortion to get what they want.....funny, Extortion is against US law.....but Unions are permitted to openly commit to it. Companies are permitted to have "anti-union" policies.....but they're required to be "closed-door" policies, meaning they can't require a "non-union agreement", nor can they request that you sign one at any point. In "right to work" states, you can actually be fired for joining a union or attempting to form a union, so long as that isn't stated as the reason for termination.[/citation]
Amen is all I can say. If you go to GM, Chrysler, and Ford assembly plants (like the Rouge plant) you would be amazed by how many times you see the UAW emblem- it's to such an extreme that you wonder if the plant is producing Fords or UAWs. UAW jobs are simply rediculous and as soon as GM and Chrysler start to do marginally good again the unions are going to come down hard on both of them and start demanding rediculous terms again. The big three have all been stupid and fat at times and they deserved to be punished when the cheap, dependable, fuel-efficient Hondas and Toyotas started rolling in. But now they're making some fantastic cars (Fusion, HHR, Focus, Cobalt, Cruze, Impala, Volt) and are on the right track.

mmm2000

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011

And the iPad will cost you $2000 instead of $500 !

Status
Not open for further replies.