Foxconn Worker Says iPhone 5 Arrives This June

Status
Not open for further replies.

garrick

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2007
If it does come out in June all the people who changed from a 4 to a 4s are going to feel pretty stupid for not waiting for the 5.

keczapifrytki

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008
[citation][nom]garrick[/nom]If it does come out in June all the people who changed from a 4 to a 4s are going to feel pretty stupid for not waiting for the 5.[/citation]
What's the point of waiting? Just get what's available and in your budget. Otherwise you will wait forever because the latest and greatest is just around the corner.

G

" iPhone 4S production didn't didn't gear up until Spring 2011"

So it DID gear up???

mrkdilkington

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
They're not going to change the aspect ratio of the screen to 1.77:1, let alone lower the resolution by 100 pixels horizontally.

Furthermore, what's the point of increasing the screen size and keeping the same (or slightly less) resolution? If your answer is that bigger makes it easier to see, you are arguing against the whole idea of the 'retina' display in the first place (i.e. more ppi is better).

G

It's better to keep the same resolution from a developer perspective -- less fragmentation, no need to rebuild apps specifically for iPhone5, etc. If the size does go up to 4", most certainly it will retain the retina display with the same resolution -- granted, the display will be slightly lower PPI ...but to little a difference to notice while everything else remains the same. In other words, the better of both evils (fragmenting with new resolution OR slightly lower and unnoticeable PPI with same resolution), I'd choose the later.

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
If it does come out in June all the people who changed from a 4 to a 4S are going to feel pretty stupid for not waiting for the 5.

I don't think that the people who did that even have the capacity to feel 'pretty stupid' since they're going to hand over their money to Apple even if the iPhone 5 is just the same as the 4S with a new name.

Anyways.

I wonder how the new 28nm process will affect the battery life... will it finally last a whole day?
Also, will the antenna actually work properly (instead of "you're holding it wrong")?
Will the phone be more durable so it doesn't break when dropped (like, say, the Galaxy/Nexus S)?

So many unknowns, so much time.

vaughn2k

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
[citation][nom]_Pez_[/nom]It will surely look the same as the last 2 phones...[/citation]
Yeah, and more expensive than the last 2.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Surly it will be more iCrap to further defraud clueless tech- zombies. I wont be seen with one even if Apple gave to me.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]LuckyDucky7[/nom]I don't think that the people who did that even have the capacity to feel 'pretty stupid' since they're going to hand over their money to Apple even if the iPhone 5 is just the same as the 4S with a new name.Anyways.I wonder how the new 28nm process will affect the battery life... will it finally last a whole day?Also, will the antenna actually work properly (instead of "you're holding it wrong")?Will the phone be more durable so it doesn't break when dropped (like, say, the Galaxy/Nexus S)?So many unknowns, so much time.[/citation]

The antenna issue in the iPhone 4 was a non-issue for 99.9% of users, and they gave out free-cases anyway to solve it.

The antenna issue in the iPhone 4S doesn't exist.

iPhone has the longest battery life in numerous tests, compare to Android if you want a laugh.

I've never dropped my phone, I have coordination. :)

Oh - and logical people who buy the iPhone 4S for logical reasons instead of stupid inaccurate BS like the load you spouted, wouldn't buy it unless it was a significant improvement. Since the iPhone 4S is already the fastest phone on the market it's clearly an improvement over previous models.

G

If Samsung stopped supplying chips to Apple, they would have a massive hole in their bank account, thats why.

Status
Not open for further replies.