Foxconn Workers Arrested for Leaking iPad 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyline100

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]why arrest them now? the ipad 2 has been out for a while now!!![/citation]

Read this:
"Three employees were arrested on December 26, 2010 for allegedly leaking the design of the iPad 2 to case makers. "

G

Chinese 3d party case markers were able to release bunch of cheap case for ipad 2 with the leaked information before Ipad 2 release. Apple think it effects its magic cover sale i guess.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
If the workers barely aint paid for the work that is done, how can anyone expect them to remain loyal? Foxconn factories seem more like sweatshops but with the big difference that they have saftynets so the workers cant choose to jump to death at work anymore!

Assmar

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
They were arrested, and sent to jail, where they continued their employment with Foxconn in slightly better conditions than the Foxconn tenement work cities.

G

How is it sad? A bunch of thiefs were arrested, I call that justice.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
meh, even if they made a good paycheck, greed is in all of us, you cant tell me if you got a 100k kick back for the design you wouldn't be tempted.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I suppose this falls in line with trade secrets. I'm not sure what China's laws are regarding such but they do exist elsewhere as well. Basically its to stop corporate espionage or
employees whom decide to try to make a quick buck selling off trade secrets .
As one can imagine there are good reasons to have such laws. On the other hand this can
be argued that these laws are capable of preventing the release of information that should be public such as what exactly is in a certain food or beverage and how much. (Coca-Cola is a great example of this as their full recipe is protected by the law) A more chilling example is that these laws can possibly apply to complete strangers to a company. So for example if I knew that Apple was working on a custom OS for televisions and released this detail (I made this up Apple if you are indeed actually doing this it was a lucky guess please do not sue me!)
I could possibly be held accountable.

Laws like this can have a reasonable purpose and on paper may seem like a good idea but sadly it can easily taken too far. Many other laws exist like this that people don't even know about. For example in America some states it is a crime to "slander" certain types of food such as beef.While certainly crying wolf over certain food or the current safety of them should be a crime like the law intended it has expanded to the point where real lawsuits have taken place due to people expressing personal discontent. Sadly these laws are not being edited to limit to a more proper use because well... lets face it the same people who make the laws tend to invest into what they know the law will aid.

[citation][nom]assmar[/nom]They were arrested, and sent to jail, where they continued their employment with Foxconn in slightly better conditions than the Foxconn tenement work cities.[/citation]

Ouch!

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]assmar[/nom]They were arrested, and sent to jail, where they continued their employment with Foxconn in slightly better conditions than the Foxconn tenement work cities.[/citation]
:D :D :D and thumbs up

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Arrest employees for leaking designs yet do F-all about the number of employees taking flying lessons?? Apple dumps on yet more little people.

HavoCnMe

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
The trial is probably done and over with. You will hear in a few months that Jobs had them hung from the nets as a sign that Apple ain't playin.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]HavoCnMe[/nom]The trial is probably done and over with. You will hear in a few months that Jobs had them hung from the nets as a sign that Apple ain't playin.[/citation]
So, a worker wishing to suicide but "unable" to, because of the nets, just found a "way out", e? :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.