Frame rate stuttering - Asus

Mankar

Estimable
Nov 5, 2015
Hi, I own an ASUS K501LX-NB52 "gaming" laptop and am currently experiencing terrible frame rate stuttering in most of my games.

Specs:
GeForce GTX 950M 2GB
i5-5200U @2.20GHz (dual core)
8 GB RAM
128GB SSD +1TB HDD
Windows 10 x64

For example, Garry's Mod will go from running at 40fps (low settings) to zero at random times. One second everything is running extremely smooth at a good fps, and the next it drops down to an unplayable fps. I've found this occurs with most of my games as well (Red Orchestra 2, GTA V, ARK, Rust, Borderlands 2, etc). Note: this is not a network issue, the stuttering still occurs offline.

I've tried everything I could think of, reinstalling games, running on the lowest settings, updating the graphics drivers, closing all other programs, etc. Could this be an issue with my CPU or maybe a problem with Windows 10?

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Hi,

There had been a lot of issues with Windows 10 lately specially with games dropping frame rates. Do still try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall NVIDIA graphics driver.
- Open Programs and Features and uninstall anything related to NVIDIA graphics.
- Download and install the latest driver from the manufacturer site.
- Here's the link: http://www.nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
- Once installed reboot your PC for all the changes to take effect.
- After the reboot make sure to set your games to run using NVIDIA processor.

Mankar

Estimable
Nov 5, 2015

Uninstalled all NVIDIA related software and drivers, then did a clean install. Didn't notice any improvement, tried playing a few rounds of Red Orchestra 2 and there was still stuttering. Would go from about 30-40fps down to zero then back up. Any other ideas?

Mannaux

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016

I am having this exact same problem. Did you ever find a solution for this???