Status
Not open for further replies.

Yamma huang

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
dvdsmith I heard that this software for Movie Backup is free for download that will circumvent the copy-protection schemes used on commercial DVDs and enable you to make copies of store-bought DVDs. would some one can tell me other software for back up dvd movies?? :D

Solution

I am sorry, but that is not quite correct. The U.S courts continue to acknowledge Fair Use, our right to make a personal or backup copy, even as they have said the software to copy DVDs is illegal. [See this U.S. News article]. Thus, while we cannot recommend software here in these forums because the software is illegal, Yamma huang can legally use software to make a copy in the U.S as long as his (or her) intent is Fair Use and not some other illegal use.

PhilFrisbie

Distinguished

I am sorry, but that is not quite correct. The U.S courts continue to acknowledge Fair Use, our right to make a personal or backup copy, even as they have said the software to copy DVDs is illegal. [See this U.S. News article]. Thus, while we cannot recommend software here in these forums because the software is illegal, Yamma huang can legally use software to make a copy in the U.S as long as his (or her) intent is Fair Use and not some other illegal use.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.