Solved! Free TV, New Antenna set-up Vizio series E

Aug 19, 2018
Got a new Mohu Leaf 50 today.

Canceled Cable TV weeks ago, so when I turn on TV, I get a "No Signal" screen, no matter what "input" I choose. This was not a problem, as we only watch Netflix since we cut the cord.

Problem: To complete antenna set-up, I need to Scan for channels.
Vizio says to SCAN for TV Channels, I have to use the remote, press Input, choose "TV" (not an option on my Input), Open the onscreen Menu (again, "No Signal").

Help?

Solution
The owners manual doesn't really go into how to do this since they expect you to do it when you first turn on the TV. They don't even show a menu system just the app for controlling the TV on your phone.
I think you need to go into the set up menu and run the channel scan there. After you have run the scan you should be able to select TV. Then you should check each channel. Some that have been placed in memory might not come in so you delete those.
The owners manual doesn't really go into how to do this since they expect you to do it when you first turn on the TV. They don't even show a menu system just the app for controlling the TV on your phone.
I think you need to go into the set up menu and run the channel scan there. After you have run the scan you should be able to select TV. Then you should check each channel. Some that have been placed in memory might not come in so you delete those.

Solution
Aug 19, 2018
Thanks.
Took quite a while, but I figgeted around with the menu- channel set up- scan on the TV remote.
Finally got a few scans out as I moved the antenna around. Never could get a watchable channel.

Vizio's online instructions are wrong! They even have videos showing how to Scan; the TV screen info is not the same as what is on the screen on the actual TV, though!

Weird.