fresh install of windows 7 on a gateway ne56r41u laptop, missing drivers for network adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpe1701

Estimable
Mar 13, 2015
so i had this gateway ne56r41u laying around that i salvaged from my nephew. he had completely destroyed windows 8 so i put windows 7 on it but the drivers are missing for the network adapter. I've tried searching the gateway site and downloaded a bunch of different drivers but nothing worked. I tried going on here for a solution because it looked like another guy had my exact problem but the lenovo drivers that worked for him will not work for me. any ideas?

Solution
go into the control panel>device manager and find out what network adapter you have ie realtek etc and go to their site for a win7 driver.you could also click on it in device manager and click update driver and see if win7 will find one for you.lastly you could uninstall it from device manager and restart windows to see if win7 will recognize it and install a driver.downgrading from win8 to win7 can have problems like this tho.

aldan

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2013
go into the control panel>device manager and find out what network adapter you have ie realtek etc and go to their site for a win7 driver.you could also click on it in device manager and click update driver and see if win7 will find one for you.lastly you could uninstall it from device manager and restart windows to see if win7 will recognize it and install a driver.downgrading from win8 to win7 can have problems like this tho.

Solution

jpe1701

Estimable
Mar 13, 2015

So thank you for your response, I actually figured it out. I was doing it wrong. the drivers from the other persons thread worked fine, i was just being dumb. lol. anyways thanks.

simianzombie

Estimable
May 7, 2015

I know this is a bit old now but I am having the exact same issue. I downloaded the same driver and it totally is not working for me at all. So I would certainly love to know what you did exactly to make it suddenly work.

Status
Not open for further replies.