Friends Help Blind Gamer Finish Legend of Zelda

Status
Not open for further replies.

XZaapryca

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]so much wasted time, he could have done so many other things in this amount of time.[/citation]

We could all say that, but then one person's wasted time is another's best time ever. Living life the way one wants is the best time ever. Do no harm and enjoy yourself while you can.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
But how? the boss fight especially, is random. You need to "see" where to attack or where to roll to avoid getting damage etc. It's just ... how??

scotters

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]ItsMeIsntIt[/nom]Yes, but can he play Crysis?[/citation]

I'm not gonna lie.... I lol'd at that.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
Wow... I don't know what to think. I can't but admire the thought, time and effort spent into this but, at the same time, was it really worth doing? Can't a blind man do a much more amazing achievement than following a computer-read script of 100 000 lines?

And, gameplay-wise, how can a script take enemy AI into account?

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
some people are sooo giving. Sometimes it makes me think i should donate some time or just be a better person... but i never do :(

he donated 2 years to this guy, for free.... impressive!

Nicest thing i ever did was NOT run that J-walker over. I suck!

theubersmurf

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]so much wasted time, he could have done so many other things in this amount of time.[/citation]You know what? You're straightforwardly wrong in implying that has no value. I'll tell you why, 96% of people under the age of 18 play video games, and honestly this puts him in the mainstream. Where before he was excluded because of a disability, he's now managed a great feat. Simply being able to engage with others his age about the topic makes it worthwhile, some of the isolation caused by his disability will kind of fade. It's worth a lot.

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
Makes me wonder whether I should try doing something I feel impossible... well, actually, I do that regularly, it makes life more interesting!

kresso

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]Me too haha.. its evil but just unexpected lol.I found a vid of that guy playing the game, i feel for him!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0[/citation]

Muah Ha ha! The link was marked as already viewed! Dodged that "Roll"
'Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me'

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]zak_mckraken[/nom]Wow... I don't know what to think. I can't but admire the thought, time and effort spent into this but, at the same time, was it really worth doing? Can't a blind man do a much more amazing achievement than following a computer-read script of 100 000 lines?And, gameplay-wise, how can a script take enemy AI into account?[/citation]
AI? From what i can gather this is the original Legend of Zelda. Im pretty sure there was no "AI".

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]blackened144[/nom]AI? From what i can gather this is the original Legend of Zelda. Im pretty sure there was no "AI".[/citation]
Well, you had to know which way the Dodongos would turn now didn't? What about dodging fireballs?

jon1245

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2009
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]so much wasted time, he could have done so many other things in this amount of time.[/citation]

You're the reason why words like "hater" and "asshole" were invented. Mind your own business.

Status
Not open for further replies.